Heart Monitor || part 1

When mom and Scott came home there was a little fight going on, or something. "What's going on?" I asked them.

"Your brother skipped school today."

"Yeah, that was obvious." I mumbled.

"You knew?"

"Mom, come on, I'm in almost every class with him. Of course I knew." I said and opened the fridge to get something to drink. "But, what's the other thing?" I asked them, knowing there was something else. Scott sighed.

"There was a mountain lion. Allison's dad killed it." He said.

"A mountain lion?" I yelled.

"Yeah, probably was that the one who caused all these problems the last days." Mom said. I looked at Scott and he shook his head. I sighed and took a sip of my Orange jus, I just poured into a glass.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" mom nodded and Scott listened. "Scott, it's a girly thing." I told him. He frowned and run to his room.

"How... When... How do you know when you like someone?" I asked her nervous. She smiled.

"You like someone?! Who is it? Is he cute? Do I know him?" She asked.

"Mom! I asked for advice." I told her smiling. She laughed.

"Okay, Let's see. What do you feel when you're around him?" She asked me. I thought about Stiles for a moment.

"There are awkward silences, that never been there. I just don't know what to say, and I'm afraid that I'll do something stupid... And I feel like... he's always there for me. And this weird feeling in my stomach, and I just want him to be around with me every time at the day and I'm jealous when he's with other girls." I rambled. Mom smiled at me.

"Oh honey, you don't like him." She said. I frowned.

"What?"

"You don't just like him, you love him." She told me and she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled at her. She gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you mom." I said and I walked to my room. I stopped when I was at Scott's room.

"Where have you been with Allison?" I asked him.

"The woods." He told me. "Who do you like?" He asked me.

"Have you been listening?!" I yelled angry.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"No Scott, you're not. Don't do it again." I told him. He got out of his bed.

"No, Em. Really I'm sorry." He told me and pulled me in a hug.

"That kind of stuff are personal." I told him. He nodded and let me go.

"Good night." Scott said and he gave me a kiss on my head.

"Good night." I whispered and I walked out of his room.

***

Scott and I walked with four bags into the garage. We just did some grocery, because our mom is still at the hospital. These bags are really heavy and I didn't look at where I walked, so I bumped into Scott.

"It's the wrong floor." He told me.

"You've got to be kidding..." I mumbled and I looked around and our car wasn't there. Scott and I turned around and walked on to another stairs. Scott held the door open and I walked on to the fourth floor. He came walking behind me and the door closed. We walked to the middle of the garage, but we still didn't saw our car. Scott putted his bags on the ground and grabbed the car keys out of his pocket. He pulled on the button and we heard a alarm chirping. I smiled and Scott wanted to grab his bags again, but then a bottle rolled away.