Co-Captain || part 2

I walked on the stairs and I heard mom opening a door.
"Hey Scott, I'm coming home late tonight." I heard her saying. "What? What... what's wrong?" she asked and I quickly ran up the stairs. "Is it... Is it my hair? Makeup?" She asked and I sighed relieved.

"No. No, nothing. You look beautiful." Scott said and I smiled.

"You look amazing." I heard a girl saying. Wait, what? A girl? I walked towards Scott's room and saw Allison standing beside him.

"Oh hey honey." Mom said when she looked at me with a smile.

"Amazing." I said looking at her and she started to smile.

"Why do you look amazing?" Scott asked suddenly.

"Because, amazingly, I'm having dinner for one with a member of the male gender who's over the age of 16." She said and I laughed with Allison, while Scott rolled his eyes.

"Who?" I asked.

"It's a medical rep that came into the hospital today. Yeah, we just kind of started talking, and the next thing I know I'm saying yes to dinner, and I'm really hating myself for skipping the gym last week." She said.

"What medical rep?"Scott asked and I sighed.

"You look amazing mom, I'm happy for you. And Scott, you're ruining the moment." I told him and right after I'd said that the doorbell rang.

"That medical rep. And I'm not... I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'm not done, I'm not ready, so if you could please just get the... get the door and talk with him, okay? Just..." she rambled and she quickly walked away, but she then came back.

"Be nice." She said and I smiled and looked at Scott.

"Just one minute, okay?" Scott asked Allison and she nodded.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked her when I walked towards her. I heard the doorbell ringing again and she smiled slightly.

"I wanted to tell Scott something." She explained and I nodded. I heard the doorbell again and walked sighing down the stairs.

"Scott, open the door." I said while I walked towards him. He stepped slowly back. "Dude, what's wrong with you?" I asked sighing. The doorbell rang again and mom yelled: "Scott! For the love of God, please!" she said and I walked towards the door.

"No, Emily. No, don't open the door." He said, but I already did. There was no one there and I frowned.

"What are you doing? Aren't you gonna invite him in?" mom asked and she then walked away. I turned back to the door and jumped up when I saw Peter standing outside.

"Hello there." He said and I looked shocked. Scott pushed me behind him and wanted to close the door but Peter stopped him, by putting his hand against the door.

"Really? Slam the door in my face? Come on, Scott. Take a second to think that through." Peter said.

"I'll tell her."

"That I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half my face?" Peter asked him. "Good luck with that."

"If you hurt her, even touch her-"

"Scott, if I may interrupt your listing of the top five most impotent-sounding threats for a moment, try and remember that I've been in coma for six years. Don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful woman?"

"Just... Just half a second." Mom said. I still stood frozen behind Scott. "Sorry." She said and walked away.

"Or maybe you think that I've come up with an idea. Like how it might be easier to convince you be part of the pack if your mother is, too." Peter said and I almost chocked. Peter stepped inside and Scott grabbed me by my hand and dragged me with him. "You need to understand how much more powerful we are together, you and me and Derek. Did you know that some of the most successful military operations during the Second World War were the German U-boat attacks? Do you know what they called them? Wolf packs. Did you know that? Or are you failing history as well?"