Chapter 9

Once my mom came in we explained how it happened and she said she was disappointed in me for me lying and dating when I wasn't supposed to, but then Meagan chimed in and said that at our school we were pressured to date so it wasn't only my fault. In our family we did not believe in abortion, and my mom said we were too young to care for a child so she made us put the baby up for adoption a month after it was born. Jay thought this was a good idea too, but I said that I wanted to see my child. So for that, my mom said that my new aunt Chamoline and my uncle Steve were looking to adopt, so  I could give the baby to them and we could visit when we wanted to because they only lived about an hour away which I liked much better. My mom booked a appointment with my OB GYN and Jay said that he'd like to come since it was half of him. Even though statistics show that teen couples that become pregnant are more likely to be drawn apart, this pregnancy is pulling us closer. But then there was the tough part in this whole situation, which was school. My aunt Delilah became pregnant in high school at 16 and kept her baby, but when she had to go to school, kids were teasing her and the baby's dad so my mom made up the decision that I would do an online school program for my 8th grade year. And then we had it: our whole ordeal planned out. But changes do happen.