Chapter 42

It was 2:00 am that night I got woken up by my mom shaking me. When I blinked open my eyes my mom was standing there holding Miracle with a worried look on her face. "What is Miri doing here?" I asked her. "Aunt Chamoline got in a car crash and is in the hospital. They say she suffers major brain injuries." I looked at my mom long and hard. "How did you get Miracle?" I asked. "Well she crashed at midnight and I drove out there to pick up Miracle 'cause they examined her and said she was fine. Uncle Steve is at the hospital. I think we should go visit tonight." My mom had said, so we hopped into the car and there we were driving to a hospital in the middle of the night. By the time we got there it was almost 3:00 am and very cool outside. I went up to the receptionist desk and the receptionist was very snappy. "She's in intensive care  room 123 but  you must be quiet with your sister." She said to me as my mom parking the car. "Actually she's my child." I had stated. She then gave me an ugly glare which I ignored. Miri was getting heavy so I set her down and helped her walk down the hall. We walked into room 123 and Uncle  Steve was sitting in a chair right next to her while the nurse was doing something with her arm. I handed Uncle Steve Miracle and sat down in the other chair. The doctor and my mom came in about 20 minutes later and the doctor explained. "We did a scan on her and she's breathing fine, but she has suffered a head injury near her temple. From how she was hit she slammed forward and is now paralyzed." It fell silent in the room for 5 minutes until Miracle started crying because she was too cold. I grabbed her and cuddled with her getting her warm. She placed her hands on my belly and eventually fell asleep. The doctor left and apologized and after that we all went to sleep in the chairs.