Chapter 16

About a week after the appointment it was Christmas! All of my family came including uncle Steve who was delighted to see me and his future child. While my mom was cooking, Jay came over and gave me my Christmas present which was a beautiful heart necklace with a picture of us in it. I gave him a watch he really wanted. Meagan was Jewish, so I gave her a Hanukkah  present a week before which was a big thing that had twelve picture frames attached to it with pictures of us. Meagan had remained my friend even throughout my pregnancy and was super supportive. She gave me a pedicure set with one of those foot tubs you put your feet in. We had a wonderful dinner and then went to a midnight church service. I nearly fell asleep, because being pregnant makes you really tired. On Christmas Day my young cousins Dan and Sam woke me up since they were staying in my room, and we ran down stairs to open presents. I got lots of awesome things, and Aunt Chamoline and Uncle Steve  got lots of baby presents. The next day I got my baking club together and we made a cake for our gender reveal party/baby shower. It was so great seeing all my friends. We made a three layer vanilla cake and dyed the batter pink so that when we sliced into it you would see the color. We frosted the top of each layer and stacked them, and then we cut out a big hole and stuck pink candies inside. We frosted the outside yellow and cut out fondant blue and pink stars. In the end it was so amazing and lovely. Me, Jay, Meagan, my mom and dad helped hang decorations and set everything up that night. We wanted to do it close to Christmas so that all our family were there.