Chapter 22

My contractions were getting closer and closer, and my pain was getting worse. "April, you've gotta push. It's not good to hold back." My mom said. She was right, but what about Miracle. We were stuck in the middle of traffic, but we could hear an Ambulance getting closer and closer. My mom got out of the car and ran to the ambulance, who was now on the side of the street. The technicians ran over and helped me out of the car. "The guy said only two people can ride with her." My mom said. Jay and my mom jumped in the Ambulance while I was being strapped to the stretcher. I was nearly screaming in pain, and the technician told me to push. I pushed and pushed and yelled, all with no pain relief which was basically torture. We were stuck in traffic and I pushing so hard. I squeezed Jays hand and out was her head! After I heard that, I gave a huge push and out Miracle came! "5:02 pm." The technician stated. I kissed Jay as he rubbed and cleaned her. He listened to her heartbeat and his face turned red. He got out a thing and put it on her mouth and gently pushed on her chest. He did this until we got to the hospital, and then she was rushed into the intensive care unit. I was put in the women's care unit and they told us that she should be okay but her breathing is slow. Dr. Anderson said that her coming a month early could pose more risks, but they would do the best they could.