Chapter 18

It was New Years Eve and my parents were going to a party. Lots of kids in my grade were throwing parties, but I didn't want to go because everyone in the grade besides my friends and Jay didn't know I was pregnant and I wanted to keep it that way. I was now almost 5 months pregnant, and I was definitely showing. I sat alone on the couch watching Modern Family when I heard a knock at the door. It was Jay and Meagan and they had bags in their hands. "We are going to have a party here." Meagan explained. "You're parents recommended it." Jay added. "We invited the baking club." Meagan said. The baking club consisted of about 20 people, 15 of which we girls, and the other 5 boys. I helped them put up some decorations, and the brought some sparkling cider alcohol free of course. Within an hour or so everyone had showed up and we turned up the music! I could barley dance, but I mainly bounced in place and moved my arms and everyone was okay with it. I had a fun night, and by the time it was midnight I could barely move I was so tired. By 12:30 everyone was ushered out mainly because I just wanted to sleep, but it was still lots of fun and better than being alone watching modern family.