Acceptance [Part 4]

.___.

You think that after being chased down by one of the most built guys in school, that you'd still have fear pumping through your veins. Well, no doubt Niall did. I couldn't stop laughing.

Niall and I had ducked away into a clothes store; well... more specifically a changing room in a clothes store.

My head leant back on the mirror as I cracked myself up. Niall sat down on the bench beside me, catching his breath.

"I-I," I choked out in laughs, "c-can't believe you did that!" Niall's blush made his red face even redder. I will admit, seeing chewed up food on an asshole who deserved it was somewhat satisfying.

Ok, it made my day.

"I-I know." He whispered, running a hand through his hair. "I'm so dead." My laughter slowly ceased as I saw how worried Niall actually was.

Clearing my throat, I sat down beside him and watched Niall fumble with his fingers. He shouldn't be worrying over this, it's really no big deal. But I guess Niall has this perspective on life to do everything carefully, and if he doesn't, to expect punishment.

I frowned at the thought and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"You shouldn't worry about it." I reassured to the now wide eyed blonde boy. His gaze stayed glued to his lap as I carefully took my arm away from Niall. "If you ask me, I'd say he deserved it."

Restricting a playful punch to his shoulder, I came back up to my feet and forced a wide grin. Niall's eyes eventually met mine, holding a sense of wonder, and something else that I couldn't quite pick.

Eh. I don't know.

"C'mon, let's get you home."

.___.

"Thank you." Niall muttered as I pulled up in front of Niall's house. It's not actually that bad if I'm being honest.

"No problem." I smiled, relaxing into my seat behind this god send aircon. Niall nodded to himself and opened the passenger side to the car, me biting my bottom lip as words threatened to tumble from my mouth.

Oh screw it.

"I wouldn't worry about anything happening to you." Niall stopped and looked back at me as I offered a smile. Then slowly extending my arm, I placed my hand onto his shoulder and gave it a small squeeze in reassurance. "I'll look out for you."

Niall's eyes widened at my words as I lightly chuckled.

"What? I care about you ya know." I took my hand away as Niall looked down at his lap, thinking something over.

Waiting to see what he'd do, I tilted my head sidewards and smiled at the boy. His face lifted and he looked up for our gaze to connect. My smile widened as I relaxed my cheek on the steering wheel.

With a small head nod to himself, he urged himself on his seat back and forth. What was he doing?

And without another word, he leant over and snuck a quick kiss to my cheek making me wide eyed.

"I-I... I care about you too." Watching him then slip out of the car, I blinked back surprised as he gave a small wave and slight smile.

My cheeks gained some heat to them as I shook my head to reassemble my thoughts.

That just happened...

Ok.

.___.

Another week had passed and Niall and I found myself having an even closer friendship.

He's been talking more and smiling a lot more. I really enjoy it when he does both.

And, uh... he's been kissing my cheek more as well. But I mean, I don't mind it. In fact, I quite enjoy it. I... I look forward to it.

Oh god... I'm getting a crush on Niall. And I thought shy guys weren't my type. But, I don't know. Something about Niall makes me smile. His cuteness and his presence just makes me feel better.

I then felt a tap on my shoulder and looked over to see Niall, his cute little smile was the first thing my eyes feasted on. The expression had brought a grin to my own lips, appreciating the fact that Niall took it upon himself to be happier ore often. "Hey Niall," I greeted, tapping the seat beside me. Niall eagerly sat down, putting his work onto the table before turning his attention to me.

"Hello (Your Name)." Greeting shyly, he yet again leaned over and kissed my cheek, lingering his lips there for a few moments before pulling away. My eyes fluttered afterwards, both of us now sitting in a comfortable silence. Well, that was until Niall spoke up. "I-I got something," he whispered, reaching into his pant pocket and fumbling with something.

"What is it?" My curiosity got the best of me as I leant over, scoping over the unknown item Niall had possessed.

"I-it's for you." The words had my eyes widen as he turned, handing me a small box. Niall got me something? Oh god, this was so sweet.

"T-thank you Niall," I replied stunned, letting Niall place the box in my hands. He moved closer to me and looked eagerly between the box and myself.

"Open it." His light whisper had the lump in my throat swallow down as I nodded. placing the box onto the library table, I carefully open it as if I was discovering treasure for the first time. And oh my lord, the jewellery piece that lay before me was absolutely beautiful.

"N-Niall," I choked, taking out the necklace and looking over the texture of the piece, "it's beautiful." My name had even been embedded on the font, in some kind of beautiful handwriting. "Where did you get this? H-how much was it?" Niall simply shook his head and smiled up at me.

"I just wanted to make you happy." Disregarding my words, I immediately leapt over and pulled him into a tight hug. The blonde boy had tensed at first, and that was when I realised that my touch was far too harsh. So loosening my arms a bit, Niall soon returned my embrace. Niall's face nuzzled into the crook of my neck as I sat, feeling happiness swell within me. But soon enough, I pulled away and held out the necklace to Niall. There is no point owning a necklace if you cannot wear it.

"Help me?" I asked, Niall taking a moment to register my words before nodding. He took the piece from my hands as I turned, pulling hair away from my neck. Niall's hands slowly came around my collar, his fingers fumbling as he clipped the necklace into place. And there is sat, gracefully and softly on my chest. "Niall, I can't... this is..." I was too stunned for words. Looking back at the Irish boy, an obvious blush came to his cheeks as he looked down at his lap.

A confident thought entered my mind, and I didn't hesitate to act on it. Reaching out, I carefully cupped Niall's face with both of my hands. His gaze lifted with wide eyes, watching as I leant in. The space between us became non-existent as I brought my lips down onto his.

Niall's first reaction was to tense but I didn't move from my position. This was a bold move and I probably had caught the boy off guard, yet I stayed. And eventually, when Niall had come to realize that this was actually happening, I felt the twitch of his lips against mine. Soon, they began to softly, and cautiously press back into the kiss. I encouraged his lips to move with mine, using passionate movements as I had pulled Niall closer.

Eventually our kiss had come to an end, and I slowly pulled away. My eyes opened once again to face a bright red faced Niall, and not being able to help it, a chuckle slipped past my lips. He didn't say anything, maybe he couldn't. But being speechless didn't bother me at all. Glancing down, I took one of his hands into my hold and gave it a squeeze.

"Thank you Niall," my voice came out confidently, surprising even myself with how calm it was, "I love it." And the biggest smile came onto Niall's face, a large, beautiful and genuine smile. And from that moment on, I knew that things would begin to change. For us, and between us.

.___.

Hey! I know that this was a cheesy ending, but I had desperately wanted to end it. I'm sick of leaving stories unfinished, and I will try my hardest to get myself back into the groove of writing. It has been awhile, and I have been neglecting you all. It's a terrible feeling and I wish to change it. So hope to see more updates throughout the various books of mine :) I love you all my kittens x