Fake [Part 1]

Preview...

"You know that deep down you both have something."

"No, we're friends. That's all we'll be."

.___.

I met him at a concert; Katy Perry's actually. Boy is that woman something. Not to mention that she was the one that gave him the opportunity to become who he was now.

Funny story how we met. At the concert, I left for the bathroom on the main floor. The bathroom wasn't the problem; it was getting back to my seat after the bathroom. And there were these men on the way back . These big muscle built men standing there with their arms crossed.

I just thought they were security. And I was right. But they weren't securing the concert but much rather; him.

Miraculously, they moved and I took that as my opportunity to sneak past them. But I bumped into the poor soul in the crutches, knocking him to the floor.

Shit I felt terrible. I knocked over a partly disabled person and the security guards looked like they were gonna beat me up.

"It's ok. It was an accident."

The first words I heard him speak in person and let me say, it was fantastic.

"Hey! (Y/N)!" Fingers snapped in front of my face as I shook myself from my thoughts. Looking over, Niall looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, sorry. Just blanked out." Reaching over for a few fries, I dipped it in the sauce provided before throwing the food into my mouth.

Niall's arm wrapped around my shoulders as he pulled me close into his side.

"What were you thinking about?" I chuckled to myself and leant my head on his shoulder.

"How we met." Glancing up, I saw him smile as he sipped at his beer.

"You knocked me over while I was in crutches."

"It was an accident!" I defended as we both laughed to ourselves.

Niall and I have this weird relationship. After the day at the concert, we became friends. And it started like that for a few months. He invited me to some parties and stuff and I happily agreed to go.

People caught onto my presence though and assumed I was sleeping with him. Management decided to save both our asses of me just being a fling and forced us to date.

So people think that we're a couple but deep down we're just good friends that get along.

His lips touched my forehead as he gave it a lingered kiss. We've had a talk about how this was all fake and how nothing would be awkward.

And I trusted him and myself to make it comfortable for both of us. In saying that, I do try not to make anything awkward between us which was working out great so far.

"You blanking out again?" Niall teased as I rolled my eyes playfully and leant forward to grasp more fries.

"I'm gonna say no to that." Even though it was obvious I had been.

"Hmm." He hummed, rubbing his hand up and down my shoulders. Pulling out my phone, I played with the wifi around the cafe area and browsed through some tags on Instagram.

It wasn't that long afterwards that Niall gripped my shoulder and tensed slightly.

"Paps." He muttered and threw his napkin on his plate. "You done?"