Family [Part 3]

[Family]

.___.

Niall carried Macy's bags in and one of mine as I took my little sister's hand and walked us to his front door. He pulled out a key and unlocked the door before stepping into his house.

Macy hid behind me as I walked us both into Niall's warm home.

"Niall! You're back! What was-"

Maura, Niall's mother gasped at the sight of us before instantly running over.

"What's going on? Is everything alright? Why is your forehead bleeding?"

"Mum," Niall cut her off as she looked at him wide eyed, "we'll talk about this tomorrow. But for now, can you help get Macy settled in the spare room?" With a quiet shaky sigh, Maura nodded and turned towards us.

"Macy sweetheart," she knelt down and reached out a hand for my sister, "let's get you ready for bed." She looked up at me wearily as I nodded in encouragement.

She looked at Maura again and took her hand before two of them followed Niall up the stairs. I shut the front door and locked it before sniffling behind my hand.

I knew things would get worse with him around, but mum didn't believe me. And I don't know how long it would be until we go back to that house, but as long as he was there, I wasn't going to let myself or Macy step foot into that place.

"(Y/N)," Niall's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I looked back at him. My bottom lip trembled and he strode over to me. His arms wrapped around me for the second time tonight as I let my bag drop before embracing him around his neck, "I'm here." He whispered, my chest bouncing from my quiet cries.

Niall softly rubbed my back as I littered his neck in tears.

"C'mon darlin." He mumbled picking up my bag and taking my hand before pulling us up the stairs. Walking through the hall and past the spare bedroom, the bedroom door was open wide enough for me to see inside.

Maura had Macy tucked into the bed as she stroked her hair and lightly sung to her.

My hand tightened around Niall's as he pulled us into his bedroom. Stepping forward, I heard Niall shut the door as I brought my face to my hands.

Why is this happening? Why?

Niall's arms wrapped around me from behind as he placed a gentle kiss on my shoulder. I didn't see it as something romantic. It was reassurance that he was there and that he wasn't going to abandon me.

"Sit down." He whispered as I complied, sitting on the edge of his bed. I watched him leave his room and come back moments later with a small wet towel.

Niall knelt beside me and cupped his hand around the back of my neck while gently wiping my blood away. I hissed in pain and gripped the bedsheet tightly as he muttered an apology.

"There we go," pulling away, he gave my forehead a once over before standing up. As he went to leave again, I snatched my hand out to grip his wrist. The action caught him off guard, causing him to slowly sit beside me again.

"Thank you Niall." I muttered, loosening my hold on him. His face softened as he put a hand to my shoulder.

"I'd do anything for you (Y/N)." The words brought warmth to my heart as he smiled before standing up to leave the room.

Now being situated by myself, I turned over to look at Niall's large bed. Today had warn me out, and there's nothing like waking up tomorrow to a Saturday morning where you can sleep in.

So I crawled across the bed sheets and hid myself under them. A yawn escaped my lips as I snuggled up to one of Niall's pillows. This whole bed smelt of him, and it was a pleasant smell.

Shutting my eyes, the bedroom door slowly creaked open and shut as I yawned again. A small chuckle caught my ears as I looked over to see Niall pulling off his shirt.

"What?" I mumbled as he ran a hand through his hair before climbing into his bed with me.

"I don't know. Just you." He smiled. Deciding to just let it go, I tried relaxing my body into the soft mattress. The two of us lay in silence, Niall clearing his throat and moving around slightly. "(Y/N)," he whispered gaining a hum in response from me, "this is a bit awkward, but... can we cuddle? I don't know, I just feel more comfortable whe-"

"Yes." I interrupted the boy and turned my back to him. Niall then carefully moulded his chest into my back as his arms tightened around my waist.

I can't remember the last time I cuddled with someone like this. But it felt nice. Everyone knew Niall was a hugger, and that he really was a good person. The thought of why he was doing this and why I was here struck my mind, causing my eyes to gloss with tears.

Quickly shutting them, I pulled Niall's arms up so they covered my face. He tightened his embrace and pushed himself impossibly closer to me.

"You're ok." He whispered, nuzzling his face beside mine. I shook my head and dug my nails into his arms.

I wasn't ok. Something like this isn't easy to just forget and forgive about. Not that I would ever forgive that filth.

Niall began humming beside my ear as I curled up further into a ball. Hopefully I'll wake up and this will all be a bad dream. But then again, if I wake up and find that this is indeed reality, I would want to be in the protecting arms of my friend.

.___.

I'm not sure how many parts are going to be left, but hopefully maybe one or two. Remember to Vote and Comment if you like this series. What should I write next?

Mummy Nouis xxx