Chapter 2

Four's POV

I wake up and roll out of bed. I don't want to go to school today. There's supposed to be a new girl. I take a quick shower. I throw on some black jeans, a black muscle shirt, and black sneakers. If you couldn't tell I like black. I grab my stuff and go downstairs.

"Hey dad," I say and sit down at the kitchen table.

"Hey son. Here you go," Dad says and hands me some bacon.

"Thanks." I stuff the bacon into my mouth. I grab my backpack.

"Gotta go," I say.

"See you later," Dad says.

I leave the house and get in my old black Ferrari. I drive to school and get out. I'm immediately ambushed by a bunch of girls.

"Hey Four."

"Do you want to go out sometime?"

I ignore them all and walk through the girls. I get to my friends.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hey," they all say.

"I don't know why you don't date one of those girls," Zeke says.

"I don't date them because they only like me for my looks. I don't like girls that throw themselves at me," I reply.

"Oh no. I left my homework in my locker. I have to go," Christina says.

"Ok. I'll see you at lunch," Will says. He kisses Christina, and she runs off.

The bell rings, and we all go to our classes.

After our first two classes, it's lunch. I walk to lunch and go through the lunch line. Of course I get dauntless cake. I sit down at the table with Zeke, Shauna, Uriah, Marlene, and Will.

"Ok. There is a red Ferrari parked in the parking lot," Zeke says.

"Yeah. It's cooler than Four's," Uriah says.

"Hey," I say.

"Sorry," he replies.

I look up and see Christina walk in with a girl behind her. She has long, straight blonde hair and blue-gray eyes. She's short and slim, but she still has curves. She's beautiful. Christina sits down, and the girl sits down across from me.

"Guys. This is Tris. Tris, this is Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, Shauna, Will, and Four," Christina says. Tris looks at me.

"It's nice to meet you guys," Tris says.

"So this is what you need to know about our group. Will and I are dating. Shauna and Zeke are dating. Marlene and Uriah are dating. Uriah and Zeke are brothers. And Four is single and the mysterious person in the group," Christina explains.

"I'm not that mysterious. And I'm single because I haven't found the right girl," I say and run my hand through my hair.

"Ok. We'll go with that. Tris, do you want anything to eat?" Christina asks.

"No. I'm not hungry," Tris replies.

I don't know why I do this, but I do.

"Well. At least try this," I say and hand Tris my dauntless cake. Everybody looks at me.

"Four. Buddy. Do you feel ok?" Zeke asks me.

"Yeah. Why?" I ask even though I know the answer.

"You just gave away your dauntless cake," Uriah says.

"Well. Tris needs to try it. I can get another piece," I reply.

"Ok," Tris says. She takes a bite out of the cake.