Chapter 10

Four's POV

I wake up and jump out of bed. I take a quick shower and put on some jeans, a black shirt, and red sneakers. I grab my stuff and run downstairs. I sit down at the kitchen table. Dad sets some bacon down in front of me. I start shoving it in my mouth.

"Woah. Calm down. What's the rush?" Dad asks.

"I need to get to school to see Tris," I reply.

"Oh ok," he says and smiles.

He sits down and eats his own food. I finish my food and sling my backpack over my shoulder.

"I'll see you later Dad," I say.

"Ok Tobias," he replies.

I grab my keys and run out the door. I hop into my car and drive to school. I go inside and rush to my locker. I gather my stuff and walk to Tris's locker. She's talking to the gang. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Hey babe. You look lovely today," I whisper in her ear. She turns in my arms with a dazzling smile on her face. She wraps her arms around my neck.

"Hey," she says. She brings my head down to hers, and I connect our lips. I feel the same fire, but this fire will never get old. We pull apart and look at our friends. They're staring at us. Oh right. They don't know about us.

"What's going on?" Will asks after a moment of them staring at us.

"We're dating," I say, and Christina and Zeke squeal.

"My ship has sailed! Fourtris forever!" They both scream. Tris laughs her signature laugh.

"How did Four persuade you?" Shauna asks.

"He came to my house and told me that his life would be horrible if he didn't have me. And the way his eyes sparkled when he told me. I was a goner by then," Tris explains. She looks up into my eyes. I stare right back into hers.

"I honestly didn't know what I was saying. I was lost in your beautiful blue-grey eyes," I say. She smiles and blushes which is adorable. I kiss her nose, and she giggles which is also adorable.

"Aww. You guys are so cute," Christina squeals. What is with this girl and squealing?

Tris lays her head on my chest, and I put my arm around her. A couple of girls walk by and sigh when they see me with Tris. Maybe all these girls will finally stop flirting with me. The bell rings.

"I'll see you at lunch," I say.

"Ok. Bye," Tris replies.

"Bye," I say and kiss her softly. She smiles, and I watch her walk off.

I walk to my first class and sit down in the back. The teacher comes in, and class begins. Half of my mind is concentrating on the lesson, and the other half is thinking about Tris.

----------------page break----------------

The bell rings, and I gather all of my stuff. I walk to the cafeteria and skip the lunch line. I sit down beside my wonderful Tris and kiss her cheek.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey babe. Why didn't you get any food?" she asks.

"Not hungry," I answer and shrug my shoulders. She gets off the subject and takes a bite of her cake. A crumb is left on her lip.

"You have something on your lip," I say. I kiss her to get it off, and she laughs.

"Oh. I almost forgot. My dad wants you to come over tonight," Tris tells me. What?!