Chapter 30

Tobias's POV

I wake up and just lay in bed for a minute. I eventually get up and take a quick shower. I throw on some black jeans, a black muscle shirt, and black converse. I run my hand through my hair and grab my stuff. I walk downstairs to the kitchen and find Dad eating breakfast.

"Morning, Dad," I say and take a cinnamon roll.

"Morning, Tobias," he says. "Why are you leaving earlier?"

"I'm picking up Tris," I answer.

"Oh. Well, have fun today," he says.

"I will. Oh. And Tris and I are having a date tonight. Here," I tell him.

"Ok. Ok. I get it. I'll stay away," he says with a laugh.

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye," he calls, and I walk to my car. I eat the cinnamon roll and drive to Tris's house. I get out and ring the doorbell. I hear some yelling and running. Caleb ends up opening the door with Tris close behind him.

"Hey, number boy. I heard you're back with my sister. You better not hurt her again. Or I will get you. And I know I'm not Dauntless, but I am Erudite. I can conjure up some serums that will ruin your life. So be careful with her. Have a nice day," Caleb says and walks away. That. Was. Creepy.

"For the first time ever, I am truly afraid of your brother," I say, and Tris laughs. I'm serious though. That was so creepy.

"Come in. Let's go," Tris says and grabs my arm.

We get into my car, and I drive us both to school. We get out, and she grabs my hand. I feel the sparks like every other time. But they never get old. We both walk to my locker first and them Tris's to get our stuff for class.

"I wish we had this next class together again," Tris says.

"I know. Me too. I hate spending time away from you," I reply.

"I know. Me too. So, are you going to pick me up? Or what?" she asks. I try to hold in my smile.

"Just be at my house at 7:00." I can not wait until she sees what I have planned.

"Ok," she says, and then the bell rings.

"Bye, bumble bee," I say.

"Bye." She kisses me softly and turns around. I hug before she can walk away, and she laughs. I watch her walk to her class, and then I walk to mine.

---------------page break--------------

The bell rings, and I wait until everyone's out of the room before I walk to the classroom. I get my food and sit down beside Tris at the table. I kiss her cheek and start eating my food.

"So, Tris. Can you go shopping with me?" Christina asks, and Tris rolls her eyes. I try so hard not to laugh.

"Sorry. I can't. I'm going on a date with Four tonight," Tris tells her.

"But. Next week is Christmas. I need to get gifts," she whines like a little kid.

"I'm sorry. But I'm committed to our relationship," Tris says and grabs my hand. Aww! That's so sweet! Now, I know that she really cares about us. I squeeze her hand, and she smiles that wonderful smile of hers. I smile right back.

"Thanks a lot, Four. You took my best friend away from me," Christina says. "Well. My boyfriend will come with me. Won't you, Will?" I feel so bad for Will. How does he deal with her all of the time?