Chapter 20

Tobias's POV

I wake up with a smile plastered on my face. Today is Tris's and my 5 month anniversary. And these have been the best months of my life. I love Tris even more every day. I just love her so much.

I get out of bed and take a quick shower. I put on some jeans, a black shirt, and white converse. I grab Tris's gift along with my stuff and run downstairs.

"Hi Dad," I say and sit down at the table.

"Good morning Tobias," Dad says and hands me some eggs. I eat them and walk to the door after grabbing my keys.

"Bye Dad," I call.

"Bye son. Have a good day," he replies. I get in my car and drive to school. I go to my locker, gather my stuff, and go to Tris's locker to wait for her. After a couple of minutes, Tris comes running towards me. She jumps in my arms, and I hug her back.

"Tobias," she says, and I set her down. She looks at me.

"Do you know what today is?" she asks smiling. Hmm. Maybe I should mess with her.

"Umm. Is it Wednesday?" I ask. She frowns, and I smile.

"I'm kidding. Happy 5 month anniversary love," I tell her, and she hits my arm.

"Don't do that again. You scared me," she says.

"Sorry. But I have to mess with you," I reply.

"I hate you," she says.

"Please. You could never hate this," I tell her with a small smirk.

"I know. I love you," she says and hugs me.

"I love you too baby girl," I say. "And here's a little something I got for you." I hand her the gift, and she unwraps it. She opens the box and looks at the picture of us. She looks up at me and smiles. I love that beautiful smile.

"I love it Tobias," she says. "And I got you something too." She hands me my gift, and I unwrap it. I pull out a chain with charms on it, and I look up at her.

"Each of the charms represent something," Tris starts to explain. "The black tiger represents you. The stormy blue wolf represents me. The microphone represents our dreams. The person represents our future children. The tree represents us in our old age together. And the heart represents our love through all of this." Oh my gosh. This makes my gift seem awful.

"Tris. I love it. I will cherish it forever," I tell her and kiss her forehead. I put the amazing gift in my pocket, and the bell rings.

"I'll see you at lunch," she says.

"Ok. See you then," I say, and she kisses my cheek. I watch her walk off, and I walk to my first class. I sit down and listen to the teacher go on and on about some kind of equation or formula or something. The bell rings, and I quickly walk to my next class. The board says free day, so I sit down in the back and think about Tris. Peter interrupts my thoughts when he walks up to me.

"Hello Four. The quarterback. The guy everybody wants to be or be with. The king of the school," Peter says.

"What do you want Peter?" I ask harshly.

"Woah. What's wrong with you? I just wanted to talk to you about your girlfriend, the stiff. I heard today was your anniversary. Congrats. So, when are you going to dump her?" he asks.

"1. Her name is Tris. And 2. I'm not dumping her," I reply.

"Well. Why wouldn't you. Just look at her. She's short, ugly, and don't get me started on her horrible past," he says.