Chapter 15

Tris's POV

I wake up, and the first thing that comes to my mind is Tobias. He has been gone for three weeks to visit his relatives. He's supposed to come home today.

I jump out of bed and take a quick shower. I dry and brush my hair out. It's been getting colder lately, so I put on maroon jeans and a white sweater that has 'Dream Big' written on it in black. I apply some black mascara and nude lipstick. I grab my phone and run downstairs.

"Hey Mom. Has Four..."

"No honey. Four has not called," Mom says and I sigh.

"Ok," I say and grab an apple. I go into the living room and sit on the couch. I turn the tv on and start watching a movie while eating the apple. After an hour and a half, the movie ends, and Tobias is still not here. The doorbell rings. Tobias! I jump up and run to the door. There stands Tobias looking perfect. We both smile.

"Tris," he says.

"Tobias!" I yell and jump in his arms. He hugs me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're safe," he whispers.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask.

"Nothing. I. Umm. I missed you so much," he says and puts me down.

"I missed you too," I reply.

"Ok. So. Umm. Being away from you for so long made me realize something. Or maybe I already knew this. And I just couldn't say it until now. Tris. Being away from you for that long broke me. I don't like being away from you. Tris. I love you," he says. I smile.

"I love you too Tobias," I reply and press my lips to his. The explosion of sparks is bigger and better. I missed this. We pull apart and smile.

"Let's go inside," he says.

"Ok," I say, and we walk inside. We go up to my room, and Tobias sits down on my bed. I walk into the bathroom and put my hair up into a bun. I walk back into my room and see Tobias holding my journal.

"What's this?" he asks with a smirk.

"It's my journal Tobias," I reply and sit down beside him.

"Well. How about we read some." And before I can object, he starts reading a section from it.

"Today was a horrible day," he reads off. "I woke up with a sharp pain in my head, and it didn't go away for at least an hour. The ghost of the pain is still there now as I'm writing this. After breakfast, I experienced the most excruciating pain in my chest. It ended up being a heart attack."

Tobias looks up at me, and I can see the tears shimmering in his eyes. I look down at my hands, and he continues to read.

"The doctors don't know why or how it happened. So, I have to be careful. They told me that I don't need to be under any stress. But it's hard not to be under any stress when Tobias isn't here. He's been gone for almost two weeks now. And I miss him so much. Sure, we've been texting and calling, but it's not the same as having him here with me.

"Having his scent. Having his body next to mine. Having his lips on mine. Just having him. And today I've realized something. I need Tobias. He completes me. He lets me live."

Tobias looks at me, and I wipe away my tears. I look up at him and see tears on his cheeks. He doesn't even bother to wipe them away.

"Tris. Why didn't you call me and tell me? I would have come home," he says and grabs my hands.

"You were with family. I didn't want you to come all of the way here for me. I'm not that important," I answer. But that was the wrong thing to say.