Part 13

Manik POV

I saw her crossing me and going to the other side...it was the time ..if I don't talk to her now I cannot talk to her later ... But she didn't notice me standing there ...so no other go ..I have to call her ...what if she turns and walks away ..pushing all my thoughts I called her .. She stopped unsure ...so I called her again ..she turned and was stunned to see me ..it was clear in her perfect face that she was shocked...To make her comfortable I started with a congratulatory note on her performance ...she smiled ...she smiled at me ..that was for the first time. ..she thanked me and I couldn't believe that she was praising my performance and my fan following ... I couldn't hide my happiness .. I laughed .. Then she asked the most difficult question on how did I know her name ... I was stuck .. Got caught .. What do I tell her ??that I was admiring her on the other day when I noticed aryaman calling her ??I was stammering. ..luckly someone called her ..she turned ..was distracted .. I thanked God ....when I saw the same guy approaching nandhini ... I was radiating with anger and jealousy ...next thing shook me to the core ... Nandhini hugged him ...he congratulated her .. She was sooo happy ... But she remained him that she was still angry on him ... I was stunned .. I wanted to turn away and run ..but my legs froze ...I was feeling cold...that's when she noticed me standing there ....she turned towards ne and introduced him .. As her BROTHER..that's when I realised I let out my breath ... I was flying on cloud 9 ...my face depicted the same happiness of my heart ..she was it ... It was like she was smirking seeing my reaction ...so I slowly composed my face in order to hide my excitement ...she introduced me as the college rock star ...I was happy she liked me... Her brother was also good ...I wondered what's the problem between them ..they acted so strange sometimes fight and sometimes they are forgetting about the fight...my thoughts were interrupted my nandhini's friend navya ..who called her to the stage ..she was about to go...when she turned to me and said well catch up soon .. I was delighted....I just smiled and nodded my head ... I realised that I was smiling from ear to ear....

Abhi: manik ...right ??Final year?

Manik: (smiling)...ya final year...

Abhi: even I am a final year student but who joined in the middle ....

Manik: where were u studying before ??

Abhi:I was studying in US ... But I wasn't able to continue there .. So I came back and got admissions here . since Nandu was in this college..
His talks were interrupted when they were going to announce the winners ...

Nandhini was standing on the stange ...she was looking down...her face clearly showed that she was tensed .. Finally she looked up . she scanned the entire hall dono why . maybe she searched for me or her brother ..but she smiled at me but her face cleared showed that she was tense... I smiled at her confidently and then showed a thumbs up ...she smiled at me...I nodded my head. .she then saw her brother...her brother lifted his hand gesturing a hi5 and rubbed his nose with his hand..she laughed slightly and then relaxed a bit ...

The judges announced the 3rd prize and 2nd prize was some other teams ..the 1st prize was alone pending ... Nandhini was tensed.. Then finally I heard the judges announce nandhini's name ... Which conformed that nandhini and team won the first prize ....

She froze on her place ...she was staring . then finally after a minute she realised and smiled widely .... After getting her prize .. She ran towards us.. She came and hugged Abhi with full force .

Abhi just smiled and patted her ..after 2mins .. She smiled at him and tears were flowing ....Abhi just smiled and wiped her tears...
Suddenly seeing her tears I was tensed ..but seeing Abhi I relaxed ..might be it was common for nandhini to get emotional during her happy moments ...

Abhi gently wiped her tears and kissed her forhead.. I twisted ..I wanted to do the same with her...but I composed myself ...

Abhi: Nandu ...congrats ...I'm so proud of u ..
she just smiled and hugged him again ..

Navya came with the prize and gave it to nandhini ...nandhini took the prize and showed it to Abhi ...Abhi held it and just smiled and said "its beautiful"
It was a cup ...nandhini held the cup.. again and she turned to face me ...
She gave me the cup with a smile ...I held it....I smiled seeing her happy ...

Manik: its so beautiful ...I pray god may u shine and win all competitions in ur life ...
Nandhini:(smiling) its ur fans cup ...so technically ur cup ...

I laughed ...she is my fan ..how crazy can that be ??she must have got more fans by her today's performance ...

I wanted to congratulate her...so I forwarded my hand ...for a hand shake .. Suddenly I felt it was too much ...I mean we met just now .. And hand shake ??will it be too much ??will she ignore ..

Yes ..she was staring at me ..when I forwarded my hand ..then her face lightened .. She pressed her hand on mine ... It was different feeling ... I instantly felt the current ...I shook her hand holding it tight .. She smiled at me ...I didn't want to leave it .. I wanted the moment to freeze... But I didn't want to spoil my image in front of her ..so I left her hand ..she saw her hand empty and then at my face ...she just gave a warm smile ... I mouthed conz ...she said thanq ..suddenly she remembered her friend standing there ...
End of POV

Nandhini:navya ... this is manik ..our senior ...and manik she is navya ..my friend ..

Manik and navya smiled ..and nooded their head ..

Suddenly mukthi called manik from behind and manik turned to see mukthi

Mukthi: what is this manik??I was searching for u for the past 20mins ...where we're u ..

Manik: chill mukthi ...I was with the star of today's show ...(he winked at mukthi)

Mukthi suddenly turned and saw nandhini ...she smiled instantly...

Mukthi: nandhiniiii.. And finally I got to see u (she went and hugged her )

Nandhini was shocked seeing mukthi...

Muthi then realised she was aboutvto tell her that about manik desperate on seeing her. But she composed herself

Nandhini: what??

Mukthi: I mean ..u r star of today's show yar ... Its not that easy I can see u na??and I must say ur voice is mesmerizing..

Nandhini blushed to her comment ..
__________________________________________guys really sorry for the late update ...I was unwell .. And I assure u that there will be a regular update from today ..stay tuned