oh what a beautiful day in Battery City

I woke up with a jump as the ending of "goodnite Doctor Death" blared from my phone, signaling it was 5 am...and time to go to hell, better known as school. It's been three years since the break up of My Chemical Romance, and I am finally becoming okay with it. I still get mixed emotions when listening to "The ghost of you," but what normal fangirl doesn't?

As I crawled out of bed and stood up turning off my alarm, I had this sudden feeling that today would be strange. I looked in the mirror and saw my silver hair in a knotted mess. I grumbled and walked to the bathroom starting a shower. After almost an hour of washing my hair, I headed to my room and blow-dried my hair and styled it. Straightened fringe in the front, messy spikes in the back. I grabbed my white vest and leather skirt putting it on and getting ready to put on my "accessories."

I figured it would take a while so I put on some My Chen to jam out to as I put on my eyeliner. I then grabbed my lip piercings and nose piercings putting them in, then my steampunk style goggles and gloves, putting them on. If you haven't taken a guess already, I love steam punk style. Sure i get a few stares every now and then for my taste, but i dont mind.

I glanced in the mirror to check over everything and my eyes landed on the black picture frame holding an old photo. It was my dad, holding me up on his shoulders as we waiting in line at a My Chemical Romance concert. He was long gone now, but just like the band itself, i did everything i could to carry on his memory.

The blare of guitars brought me back to the present and I glanced over to see it was 6:45am. Shit, I was going to be late. I grabbed my phone and backpack as I ran to my mom's room and saw she was asleep. Quietly, i grabbed a notepad and marker and scrawled: "I didn't want to wake you but I needed money for school. xoxo ~Rebel". I hoped my messy quick handwriting was able to be read as i reached for her purse.

I snagged a twenty and ran out to the bus stop only to see the yellow and orange lights heading away through the fog. Damn, theres no way I can catch the bus at this point, and going back to ask for a ride will only get me in deeper shit with mom.

My chest rose and fell as i walked down the sidewalk, backpack slung over my shoulder. Skipping school again. Whatever, its not like i learned anything in that place anyway. My town was kinda empty, like a ghost town almost, and the fog covering in thick blankets didn't help my gut feeling that something was off. I walked into my local coffee shop and ordered a coffee. Taking a seat, i set my bag next to me and pulled out my phone and earbuds.

I watched a few funny My Chem videos while sipping my hot drink, then got up once i was finished, putting my phone away and making my way out of the cafe. i walked till i arrived at my favorite park and sat on a bench where i began drawing in my sketchbook as cool fall wind swallowed the air around me. I started sketching Gerard Way and i was getting into the drawing when a mom caring for her child walked up next to me and cleared her throat to get my attention, of course I politely looked up at her. "Hello. Are you okay?" she asked.

I smiled. "Of course. I am fine thank you."

She smiled back "Where are your parents sweetie?" she asked

"At home, but, I'm already 19, I just like to come here after school." She nodded and walked back to her child.

After a while, I noticed she had left and the park had an eerie silence to it.

So I am going through and editing this story, so do not fear if a few things are different or altered slightly ;D see ya later peoples