Lost and found (13)

"Thank you for this. You really didn't have to bring me home. I'm fine." I say to Quincy as he places me down onto the couch.
"I could tell that you're lying. You probably wouldn't have taken care of yourself if I let you come here alone. Just let me take care of you." He tells me. His tone serious. I just nod and watch as he heads into the kitchen. Taking a glass and filling it up with water. He then comes back into the room and places it into my hand. "Where are your pills?"
"They're in my room. Third door on the left. They should be sitting on the night table." I direct him. He nods than heads off. Allowing me to relax slightly. The entire time here he was touching me in some way. Making me feel things that I've never felt before. The way he would look up at me would cause my heart to falter. He was dangerous for my health. I could still feel where his hands were. It's like they burned an imprint on me.
"Are these the ones?" He asks me as he renters the room. I look at the pill bottle that he's holding up and nod. Glaring at them. They make me drowsy, and there's no doubt that I'll be out in at least an hour. I want to stay up. I finally have Quincy alone, and I fucked it up by pushing myself too hard. I should learn my limits.
"Thank you." I say as he hands me two of the capsules.
"You should really be careful." He tells me. Sitting down on the couch beside me. His body slightly brushing against mine. Awareness spreads through my body, causing goose bumps to form on my arms.
"I'm not used to it. In the army you had to do your best. It was a matter of life and death." I whisper. Looking down at the water in my hand before swallowing my pills. Wincing at the bitter taste.
"You aren't there anymore." He adds. Placing his hand on my arm soothingly.
"I know. Sometimes I wish I was." I admit. Knowing that I could talk to him about these things. I felt safe.
"It was your life for many years. There's no wrong in missing it. You just have to build up a new life here." Quincy tells me. I look over to him with a soft smile. My gaze trailing down his face. Stopping at his lips.
"I'm trying." I add. He nods. Removing his hand as if he didn't realize that he was doing it.
"How's your leg?" He asks me. Changing the subject. I glare down at my bum leg.
"I hate it. I wish they just cut it off." I admit sadly. Knowing that I should be great full that the doctors were able to save it.
"What happened?" He further asks. His eyes filled with curiosity
"it was an ambush. We didn't see it coming, and a bomb went off. Causing us to go flying. A piece of shrapnel landed in my leg. I don't really remember the rest. I lost a lot of men. Men who had families and made the same promise. That We would come home. " I whisper. Pain shooting through my heart from the thought of my men.
"You're home and that's all that matters." He responds. Grabbing onto my hand. I look down at it silently. Running my thumb across his smooth skin. Relishing in the feeling of his smaller hand in my own. My hands are rough and callused. Marked with more scars.
"This isn't my home." I sigh. Looking over at him. His eyes hold understanding.
"Then let's find it." He says confidently. I smile at him. Raising my hand and running it against his cheek.
"You've grown up into a wise, beautiful man Quincy." I tell him. Watching as a blush coats his cheeks.
"Thank you." He whispers. Closing his eyes as I brush my thumb underneath his eye. I couldn't believe that he was letting me touch him. I drop my hand lower. Trailing his jaw, and his lips. Which part when I touch them. His smooth pale skin is now I soft pink, and it makes me smirk. Knowing that I was the one to put it there.
"Kiss me." He sighs. Opening his eyes and looking into my own. I hesitate in shock. Not expecting him to be so brazen. I lean forward. Cupping his face with my hand. Bringing it closer to my own. My chapped lips press against his mush softer full lips. He gasps. Pressing against me harder. I move my lips softly. Capturing his bottom lips between mine. We kiss softly for what seems like ages before I pull back. My eyes starting to drop because of the medication.
"Let's get you to bed." He whispers. Pecking me on the lips lightly before standing up. Taking my hand and raising me off of the couch. Catching me before I could fall over. He leads me into my bedroom. Pulling back the sheets and placing me in them. Removing my boots and jacket. He goes to leave but I grab onto his hand.
"Stay." I whisper. Watching as he debates my offer.
"Okay." He agrees. I scoot over to give him more room. Sighing as he gets in. His warm body pressing firmly against mime.
"I think I found my home." I whisper right before I drift off.