Over and over (26)

"How is he?" I ask him. Playing with the cord, trying to keep my mind off of where I am.
"He's lost. He's managing though, I'm looking after him." Monroe responds. I smile softly.
"I'm still worried. I wish things could have been different. Easier." I whisper. Closing my eyes.
"We both know that neither of our lives will ever be easy brother. We just have to make the best of what we have, and hope to find the person who makes up for our pasts. It seems like we've both met those people. So we should be great full." He responds to me. His tone soft and understanding.
"Thank you Jack. I'll talk to you later, it's my first official counseling appointment in fifteen minutes." I mumble. Causing him to chuckle.
"It will be fine Walker. Just push through it like you know how. Love you." He ends the call. Leaving me with a soft smile on my face.
I've tried to stay in contact with him. I don't want anybody but him to know where I am. Right now, the less people aware of my issues the better. I know that it's hard for him to keep this away from his boy, but he's doing it for me. He knows that it's for the better.
I walk through the sterile hallways. Peeking into the rooms. It's hard not to be lonely in a place like this. Where everybody is reserved, and is too vested in themselves to bother interacting with others. I should do the same. Just focus on getting home.
I didn't expect to see a familiar face in one of the rooms. Causing my feet to stop. My mouth falls open as I see the man Ive never hoped to see again.
-------
*Quincy's P.O.V*

"Cheer up man. We're graduating next week!" Avery chants to me. Falling into step with me as we enter school. The place where I go to keep my mind off of the issues and memories lurking in my brain. The feeling of his lips against mine, his smile and laughter. I couldn't help but smile bitterly.
"It's hard to be happy Avery. This is supposed to be one of the happiest moments of my life, but I don't have one of my favorite people to share it with." I whisper.
"It's hard on me too you know. He is my cousin, slash stepbrother. You know, I felt guilty for years that I was the one who forced him to move in with that monster? I was the one who needed professional help. My mother had to uproot us, and move us to New York. If it wasn't for my... Sickness he would be fine." He grits out. I stop in my tracks. Guilt washing over me.
"You aren't responsible for that. You needed that. You were suicidal A. Don't put yourself in this position. It's not healthy, and I know for a fact that nobody blames you, or would even dare to do so. He'll be home soon, just watch." I calm the boy down. His eyes wide with fear and sadness.
"I'm sorry." He whispers. Causing my arm to fall around his tense shoulders.
"Let's just focus on today okay?" I ask him. He looks at me with eyes so similar to walkers. He nods, forcing a smile on his face.
"Okay. Let's head to hell, shall we?" The boy I know emerges. Causing me to sigh in relief.
I had no idea that he felt this way. It made me feel guilty about always bit hung about it. I'm a horrible friend for not noticing it. I didn't want him to relapse, especially when he was just getting his bearings back. I was close to losing him numerous times, and I don't think either of us would be able to survive that again.