Part 22

~ Jess ~

Jess sat on the edge of her grandfathers sofa as all her relatives stared at her. She began fiddling with her hair, lockie noticed this and smiled because it is exactly what Sienna does when she's anxious.

"Jess why don't you go up stairs and call mummy."lockie said and Jess stood straight up and ran up the stairs.

She dialled her mothers number 3 times and it went to answer phone each time. She decided to text her instead but still didn't get a response. Jess cleared her throat trying to stop herself from crying.

"Mum I'm not sharing a bedroom with that spoilt little brat anymore!"Jess's youngest aunt (Rachel) shouted from downstairs. Jess was about to go down but then her phone began buzzing. Jess smiled as she saw her mothers name on the screen.

"Mum! I've missed you so much."Jess said as soon as she picked up the phone.
"I've missed you too hunny. It's so quite without you."Sienna replied.
"Dads younger sister ,Rachel, is such a little brat."Jess said to which Sienna giggled
The pair continued to rant on for just over an hour when lockie began calling Jess.
"Mum, iv got to go."Jess stated
"Ok sweetie. Love you."Sienna said a tear rolling down her cheek.
"See you soon."Jess said hanging up the phone as she began to cry.

Lockie came running in and cradled his daughter in his arms.
"I don't like it here, I want to go home."Jess exclaimed.
"It's ok sweetheart. We'll go home as soon as the wedding over. Anyway uncle cam is down stairs and your auntie Donna wants to ask you something."lockie said whipping the tears of off Jess' cheeks.

~Sienna~

Sienna sat on the sofa playing with her hair. She didn't know what to do with herself she'd just cleaned herself up after her mascara running. She continued starring at the blank television screen.

She then looked down at her arms and noticed the bruises she'd inherited a few weeks before. She ran her fingers across them wincing when she pushed down too hard.

"I'm sorry dad."she whispered "I'm sorry I've let you down. I'm sorry I'm not the scientist you wanted me too be. I'm sorry I haven't made something of myself. I just want you too know I tried. I tried really hard so hard that it broke me and now I'm a disgrace of a daughter." Sienna added tears streaming out of her eyes as she held a pitcher of her father in her hand and a picker of her eldest daughter in the other.

"And Nico, I'm sorry for being a useless mother. I'm sorry you had to go in and out of care when you was little. I just want you too know that I wanted to be there to take care of you like a mother should."Sienna wept "I wish we could've done more in the time we had together. And most importantly I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye like I should've. But remember you'll always be my angle and that I love you so much it hurts sometimes."

Sienna stood up tears streaming down her face. She walked over to a photo of lockie and Jess as whispered "you can have a better life now sweet heart. Remover that I love you"

A few moments later she lay still on the cold tiled kitchen floor with a letter addressed to 'my darling' clutched in her left hand

but slowly her grip was weakening.

slowing she was fading away.

Fading away.