Chapter 14 | You Gave Me a Reason To Go On; To Live On

Six Months Later

"You performed well, Al-Sahira," Ra's nods at me, "And because you have earned your place in this league, I hereby give you your own operation."

"So I will be allowed to leave?," I inhale sharply.

"Yes, but only for the mission purposes," he grins.

"What is it?," I urge him.

"You are very eager," he chuckles, "You must return to Starling City and find out everything that you can about Damien Dahrk. In the process, if you need assistance, you can send a distress signal to us by using your ability of telekinesis in a certain way. However, if you get the chance, I want you to kill Damien Dahrk."

"I understand," I nod, levitating up in the air, "I will not fail you."

"You won't," he states, very quickly.

"Yes, my liege," I bow down before flying out of the window and into the air, beginning to soar among the clouds. Warm thermals pushed me gently upward in a seemingly never ending spiral. How could I ever land, why would I ever want to land? It was peace its self ascending to the heavens, seeing the view usually bequeathed only to the birds, their birthright and domain.

As I glided on, above the white cliffs, over the heather and on toward the patchwork farmland I began to loose height. As the wind tousled my hair and whipped it about my salt-kissed face, I longed to extend time, to savor the moments, burn them to memory for the time when I grow old and am no longer able to fly with the birds.

The first time I raised something with my eyes I didn't even know it was me, I was a snot-nosed ten year old and it scared the hell out of me. I was real angry with my brother for having a new toy, some action figure his friend gave him. It just flew right out of his hand and through the window. I thought it was a ghost!

Until I was fourteen I just broke a lot of stuff, I knew it was me by then but it was like trying to control the character of a video game with boxing mitts on. I got my pocket money cancelled more times than I can count, I was so flat broke.

Now, being at Nanda Parbat, I hardly ever use it, but it's still pretty great. It's like having a superpower up my sleeve, or rather it's in my eyeballs and hands, or maybe that's just where it manifests. I suppose truly it must be in my DNA.

I used to watch my family, other than Nate, to see if they were hiding a telekinetic power like mine or something else entirely, but they were just so boring. Or maybe they were as good at hiding it as I was.

I landed on the roof of Queen Consolidated. The building was as beautiful as ever and it made a great compliment to the Starling City skyline during the nighttime. I always enjoyed Starling in the nighttime, the city was so alive. People never slept in Starling, they would be too busy making it more lively than the night before, making it more memorable each time.

"S-Sam?," Felicity looked bewildered, standing on top of the roof with me.

"Hey, Felicity," I go up to her and hug her, "I called you here for a reason."

"It's been a year!," she exhaled, "I'm here for you, what do you need?"

"A place to stay," I sigh, "I can't go back to my house and I can't go to Oliver's either."

"About that...," she trailed off, "Oliver lost the company and now he's broke, to be simple."

"Woah," I gasp, "Where's he staying?"

"Hotels and the lair," Felicity sighed, shaking her head.

"Must be a bummer," I let my lips droop down to a small frown, "So, can I stay at yours?"