Chapter 29 | I Know You're His Father Who Can Forget?

So, before this chapter begins, I'd like to say that there's an interesting A/N at the end, so make sure to check that out :)

"M'lady," Ronnie opens the car door for me, crooking his elbow for me to take it.

"Such a gentleman," I smile as we walk into the venue of the wedding reception.

Yes, today was the wedding. The special wedding. I wanted to hurl each time I heard the word 'wedding'. It was like God was trying to push the fact that Oliver was getting married to someone else in my face, it was terrible.

Ronnie's lucky that the wedding ceremony was over, otherwise I would've puked all over his lap. I swear, when they said 'I do', I lost it. I was in a state where each and every ounce of me was more than jealous.

"Hey," Nate spots us, him and the others beginning to approach, "I'm happy you made it. Who's this?"

"Guys, meet Ronnie," I wave my hand in front of Ronnie, who was slightly nervous, "Ronnie, meet my family and friends."

"Ronnie, Sam's boyfriend," he introduces himself, shaking everyone's hand.

"Boyfriend?," Oliver pops up behind everyone, "Oh. Ronnie. Right."

"Hey," I smile, giving him a hug.

"Hi," he mutters into my hair.

"So," I pull back, "Where's the woman of the hour?"

"Wrecking her nerves in the back probably," Oliver rubs his neck.

"I'll check up on her," I smile, before turning to Ronnie, "I'll be a moment."

"Alright," he smiles, leaning down and giving me a small peck.

I look up to see Oliver with a really jealous look in his eyes. I mean, he shouldn't, he proposed to Felicity and it was up to him to get married to her. I brushed off his glare and took his arm, leading him to where Felicity was.

I trot down the hall towards the back door, where there was a small room in which Felicity was getting ready. I stepped in the room to have a strong strawberry scented aroma fill my nostrils. I hum with delight, looking around for Felicity before finally spotting her.

"Hey," she smiled, nervously. Her hands were shaking and she kept twisting around her wedding ring.

"Hey," I smile and hug her, "You look gorgeous, Fel, you really do. Ollie's a lucky man."

"D'aww," she blushed, "Well, you look beautiful too, Sam."

"Thanks," I smile, dragging Oliver to her, "Now, the groom will solve the bride's nervousness."

Without another word, I left only to bump into Connor, knocking him down.

"Hey," he yelped, rubbing his head.

"Sorry, Cons," I chuckle, fixing his ruffled hair.

"Mom, where's dad?," he asks, wonder filled in his blue eyes.

"He's-he's," I stammered, mesmerized in his blue eyes. They reminded me of Oliver's, they had the same spark too.

"Mom?," he snapped me out of my trans.

"He's with his wife now," I smile, when suddenly the doors slam open.

The room buzzed with excited chatter and children ran between the tables in a good natured game of tag. Then the bride and groom entered, applause spread across the room. There was the scraping of chairs as folks got up for a standing ovation and the happy couple made their way to the head table, smiling and holding hands.