Chapter 28 | A Date?

After the deal was made with Roy, we both came down stairs into the lair. Where, yet again, there were jaws dropping. Thea was absolutely starstruck, her eyes filled with a childlike wonder, lust even.

"This here, is Connor," I introduce my little boy to Roy, "My son."

"Growing up, are we, Graham?," Roy smirked.

"I was grown up well before you, Harper," I ruffle his hair, immediately having Roy pat my hand away.

Oliver get's agitated by this, "He's my son too."

"Nice," was all Roy could say, and at the end, he didn't really care. "I have a metal bow, wanna see, Connor?"

"Sure," Connor smiled, "Can aunt Thea come?"

"Sure, she can," Roy looked up at Thea, who had a blush creeping on her face.

Thea and Roy walked out with Connor, giddily. Everyone had said their welcome's to Roy, being very happy to see him again. In all honesty, I felt relieved seeing Roy, he was going through something like me.

"I missed ya," Nate kissed my forehead, "Who's powers do you think he got, yours, mine, mom's, or Damien's?"

"I hope he got Oliver's," I sigh.

"Oliver? He's an average person," Nate chuckled.

"That's exactly my point, Cap'n Oblivious," I rap at his forehead.

"Ah, I see," Nate laughs, "You're mainstreaming your son."

"I like to call it, 'giving him a normal life'," I retort.

"Well," he looks around us, "too late for that, Sami, eh?"

"Listen here," I point my finger at his face, playfully, "Now it's going to be, 'Nate, Sami, and Connor, against the world'."

"That sounds even better," he picks me up and races around the room, until I feel dizzy.

"St-o-o-p," I mumble, getting nauseous.

"N-o-o-o," he replies back, mocking me, then the next thing I knew, I was standing at a street corner. I looked around to see the words 'Juicy Burgers', plastered on the top of the restaurant. A wave of nostalgia hit me, causing me to feel at home.

"Nate," I look at the restaurant in awe, "Last time we were here, we were kids."

"Hm," Nate hummed a reply, guiding me in.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Nate, I have to leave tonight," I groan, putting my stuff in the suitcase.

"Why?," Diggle whines from the other side of the room.

"Connor has school in the morning and I have work, we all have priorities," I shrug, zipping my suitcase back up. "It's been an amazing few days, guys. Come and visit when you're in Central City whenever," I smile.

"You'll see us soon," Nate nudged Laurel.

"Ah, yes, 'the spouses'," I wink at them, "Come and stay whenever, like I said."

"That sounds amazing, Sam," Felicity finally said, releasing her arms that were wrapped around Oliver, as he walked towards me and picked my suitcases up.

As the elevator ascended, Oliver and I remained in complete silence. It hurt me to leave him like this but I had a responsibility to uphold. I felt a scorching pain in my mind, the urge to just hear what her was thinking. After all, I hadn't read anyone's mind in a long time.

So I decided to do it. However, right afterwards, I felt as though I shouldn't have. 'Don't leave me again, Sam. I love you.'

"I love you too," I unconsciously blurted out.