Chapter 26 | You Might Have Heard Of Him, His Name Is Bruce Wayne

Oliver's Point Of View

When she broke up with me, it broke my heart. It hurt me beyond limits, but not as much as when Sam had left. I loved Felicity, and all I wanted was for her to be happy, and with me, she was happy. I took that happiness away, just because I wanted to feel the love I once felt with Sam.

"Where are you going?," I muttered into her ear, releasing my hold of her.

"To pick up Connor," She responds, bluntly, "You can come if you want."

I got up and followed behind her, "Who was that man you were kissing?"

"Oh—um—it was Ronnie," she responds, hesitantly.

"Ronnie... Wait, Firestorm?," I raise an eyebrow, "Seriously, him?"

"What did you expect me to do, wait for you to come along?," she retorts.

I huff, "No, but at least you could've found someone better than Ronnie."

"Look, Ronnie was the only father-figure in Connor's life since the beginning and I really wanted to keep that in Connor's life," she replies, walking around and sitting in the driver's seat of her car.

I placed my hand on the door and peered in through the window into the car, "Uh, I'll catch up. I need to handle something."

"Okay," she nods, "I'll text you the address of his school, be there in half an hour, alright?"

I give her a subtle nod before she revs the engine and drives away.

In that moment, I grab the envelop and rip it open. My heart was in my throat, and I was feeling the need to throw up with so much anxiety. I unfolded the paper, reading the digits: 99.9374682%. Which were followed by the words: Match Found.

Connor was my son.

Sam's Point Of View

My heart felt numb. I needed him, but so did Felicity.

"Mommy!," Connor ran towards me, jumping onto me and wrapping his arms around my neck. His tiny body was attached to mine when I got up and walked him and I over to the car, where, surprisingly, Oliver was standing, leaning against the hood.

"Hey, little buddy," Oliver smiled, making Connor leap off my body and run into Oliver's arms.

"Hi, Oliver!," he squealed as Oliver put him on his shoulders, "Did you know that mommy can do tricks with her hands?"

"I didn't," Oliver lies, to keep Connor's imagination alive, then turning to me, "Can she show me?"

"When we get home," I chuckle, "Now, get in, Bozo's."

"Put em' up!," Connor aimed his fingers at me, pretending to be guns.

"You sure about that?," I reply in a very Al-Pacino accent.

"Yeah, yeah," Connor replies, "Otherwise, I'll have my buddy here pop a glock in ya'."

"Sounds like a dangerous threat," Oliver replies, in the same accent.

"Alright, alright," I put my hands up, looking around. But with one movement of my hand, Connor was pushed into the air, soaring above us. As he began to descend, I flew up and caught him out of mid air.

"See, Oliver!," Connor squealed, crawling out of my arms, "She did it!"

"Wow, bud, that's pretty cool," Oliver laughs, seating Connor in the back seat of the car, buckling him to his blue car seat, before coming to sit in the passenger seat himself.