Chapter 30 | Sam I'm Dying!

Ronnie lay on the bed, slowly rubbing his eyes. His body seemed so fragile and his face was more than drained of it's natural color. He didn't seem okay.

I sat beside him, grabbing ahold of his hand.

"Hey, you," he gave me a weak smile.

"Hey," I give him the same smile back, tear rolling down my cheek.

"Hey, don't cry," he picks up his shivering hand and wipes the tear way with his thumb. "Don't ruin that pretty face."

"What happened?," I ask, slightly squeezing his hand.

"I-I don't remember," he sighs, thinking for a moment, "Sorry."

"No, it's alright," I smile, kissing his hand, "Bruce helped me bring you here."

Ronnie shifted his head to look at Bruce, who had a small smile plastered on his face, "Thanks."

"No problem," he smiled back.

"Hey, man," Oliver comes and sits beside Ronnie too.

"How's the married life?," Ronnie jokes, coughing on his words.

"Considering that it's just been a few hours, it's been good," Oliver chuckles, "How's it been dating Sam?"

"Damn, is she a handful," Ronnie snickers.

"Ehem, guys, I'm right here," I point out, laughing.

"For real though, it's amazing," Ronnie stretches his arm out and holds my hand, "It's always nice to have someone in your life that makes you hate yourself a little less."

"I'm glad to be that person,"  I smile at him, looking into his grey eyes.

"Can we have the room for the moment?," Ronnie asks, abruptly.

"Of course," Bruce smiles and Oliver just gives me a subtle nod as they both exit the room.

"What's wrong, baby?," I coo, climbing into the bed next to him, carefully so I don't hurt him.

"Sam, I'm not going to get better," he sighs, looking at the ceiling.

"Yes you are, it's just your legs," I chuckle, caressing his arm.

"No," he chokes on his words, clenching back tears, "Sam, I'm never getting out of here."

"Yes you are, remember when Felicity got shot, she made a full recovery—."

"Sam, I'm dying!," he finally exclaims.

There was a piercing silence in the room. His breathing had become a little more shallow and he wasn't  making eye contact with me. It was as if my whole world came crashing down.

"W-What do you mean?," I choke out, tears finally forming in my damp eyes.

"The bullet hit a main artery, severing it in half. The only thing that's keeping me going is the life support. Once that's turned off, I'm as good as gone," he replies, softly.

"Well, then we keep it on," I say quickly.

"How long are we going to do that?," he sighs, "Sam, I'm ready. I just have one favor, if you could just let me see Connor one last time."

"How could you even say that?," I huff, tears spilling down my face, "How could you just give up on your life?"

"I'm not giving up, Samantha," he says, him beginning to shed a few tears as well, "I'm accepting!"

"I can't accept it!," I cry into his arm.

"I know," he coos, "I just need you to try."

"Ronnie, there has to be another way," I protest.