Killing Us Both

Brooklyn's POV

I sat there in Ponyboy's arms as he slowly rubbed my back and hugged me while I cried into his chest. We were siting on the ground where I was almost thrown by whoever saved me. I was calming down a little bit but then when I tried to look at what was happening Pony pulled me closer to him so that I won't look then I heard the worst sound that you could ever hear, a gun shot then a falling body.

We stayed there for a while and by the end of the whole fight the only people not there were Steve, Darry, and... Dally. I was upset that he didn't come looking for me but he might not even know where I am.

I stopped crying and was just shaking from the panic attack that I just had. When I felt myself being lifted. I didn't bother opening my eyes but when I finally did I saw that Pony was carrying me and to be honest, I wanted to hide somewhere and never leave.

"W-what happened?" I asked scared for his answer.

"The police came and shot the man that was trying to hurt you. The man was maybe the guy that you were telling me about earlier." He said looking at me now and then.

"When they shot him.. Did... Did he die?" I asked him hoping that he was long gone.

"They think so but if he isn't then they will lock him up for a lifetime." Pony said and a wave of relief washed over me and I was instantly clam.

"I can walk." I said squirming out of his grasp.

"Okay calm down before you fall and really need me to carry you." He said sarcastically then set me on my feet.

"Haha your funny!" I said laughing.

"I know right!! But right now your the funny one!" He said laughing at me because I can't even walk in a straight line.

"Oh shut your face!" I said playfully pushing him. Then out of know where he picks me up from behind me and spins me.

When he puts me down he turns me around and crashes his lips into mine. Then we continue on our walk.

Johnny's POV

I went to the lot because my folks were fighting again and I don't want to get in their way at a time like that. I'm leaning against the old car hood that is at the lot and smoking a cancer stick when I hear a bloody murder scream and when I look in the direction of the scream I see a creepy man holding Brooklyn with a gun in his waist band. I can tell that she sees me and I drop the cigarette and run to her. When I get to her I pull her away and start to beat the hell out of the guy. I look up to see some of the gang running towards us. Ponyboy goes right to Brooklyn who is laying on the ground covering her face. She hasn't been here a month and she is getting tortured. Poor girl...

We all are beating the hell out of this guy and then the fuzz show up. Oh crap. This is getting real. Next thing I know the fuzz start to shoot and the creep kidnapper falls to the ground. I went up to one of the officers and start to ask questions.

"Who the hell was that?!" I almost yell

"His name is Greg Smith and he was a child rapist. He was probably going after your little friend over there." The officer said. Well at least he's long gone now.

I go over to Brooklyn and Ponyboy who are still sitting on the ground and just look at her, she's scared and her shaking body is slowly dying from the inside out. And so am I, I have loved her from the day I met her and now, it's finally starting to kill me.

Like

Comment

Share

Vote