Self Mutilating

Brooklyns POV

When I got home I was already scared but when I walked in I just got upset and kinda mad. When I walk in I see Dally and some random girl that I have never met in my life here, and they are practically swallowing each other.

I just stand there not letting the tears that are in my eyes spill over from betrayal. What I can't be leave is that I run out of there and he doesn't even bother looking for where I had went. He didn't hear me walk in so I just went to my room and got my switch blade from my dresser in the back. I walked over to my closet and sat at the bottom with just enough light from the window to see what I was doing. I clenched my teeth and remembered what I had said to Ponyboy on our way here.

The thoughts of my life in Detroit and then what had happened here already and I didn't care. Instead of cutting my arm where it would be noticeable I lifted my shorts up even higher than they already were and started. When the blade hit my skin and I dragged it across my leg I didn't feel any pain at all. I saw the thin line of blood that came from the 2 cuts that I had made and I was instantly calm again. Shit, what am I going to say when somebody sees and finds out? 

I stayed in the closet for a while just thinking and letting the blood slowly drip down my leg when I herd Dally say something.

"Why is the door open?!" He said sounding worried and shocked.

"How should I know?" The thing that was on his lap when I walked in said and I could barely hear them considering the fact I was in a closet.

I start to hear footsteps and my name being called but I don't dare to answer because I still have blood all over my leg.

"BROOKLYN?" I hear and he comes into my room but the closet door is only slightly open.

He walked out and I light out a small sigh of relief. Then I heard the front door slam shut. Oh god! Who is leaving?! I slowly get up and walk to the bathroom as quiet as I could do that I could clean myself up when I heard somebody at the wall phone. It was Dals voice so I could tell that the girl he was with left.

"Hey have you seen Brooklyn?!" Dal said so quick I could barely understand.

I made it to the bathroom that is connected to my room and go out the stuff that I need to clean my cuts up.

"What do you mean you saw her walk inside she isn't in her room." He said and obesely didn't look in enough to places because I was less than 10 feet away from him when he checked.

"Okay I will look." He said then hung up the phone.

He walked back into my room and this time looked in all the places in there that I might be able to fit. Then he walked into the bathroom where I was cleaning my leg cuts.

"Brooklyn..." He sighed and walked closer to me. I just continued to clean the cuts with peroxide and gauze pads.

"Yeah?" I just said blankly and didn't bother looking up.

"What did you do to yourself?" He asked horrified.

"Well I'm cleaning what looks to be like blade marks." I said a bit sarcastically.

"Why?!" He said a bit to loud and I jumped from being startled.

"WHY DO YOU THINK?!" I said loud and even I was shocked.

"How the hell should I know I didn't even hear you walk in!"  He said and I wanted to run out again but I just need to fight this battle and move on.

"Well it isn't the first time I have had to do this process of cleaning cuts." I quietly said calming down.

"What does that mean?" He said staring at me blankly.

"I have cut myself before but they have all scared over by now." I said covering the 2 cuts and pulling the shorts over them again.

"Please stop. It's not good for you to be cutting yourself." Dally said and walked over to me and hugged me. I just stood up and hugged him back.

"So who was that girl you were with?" I asked.

"She was just some broad that I met at a party and she just called." He said holding I wouldn't kill him.

"Oh okay, just wondering." I said quiet.

{A few hours later}

I was sitting outside on the front porch when I see Ponyboy and Johnny walking towards me.

"Hey." I said trying to hide the cuts that were well enough hidden so they don't notice.

"Hey Brook." They both said and they came over to me and sat next to me.

"I have to go inside and talk to Dal but I'll be back down here in a few minutes." Ponyboy said and got up and walked inside. And when he got inside a few seconds passed before I broke the silence.

"You know what he's doin'?" I asked Johnny.

"Nah I don't know what he's doin' half the time to begin with." He said and slightly blushed, why would he blush at a question I asked? I don't know, whatever I guess.

After talking for a few minutes he got closer to me then did something that I never thought he would do, but he did.

Like

Comment

Share

Vote