What Will He Say Or Do?

Brooklyn's POV

Me and Ponyboy kept on our walk talking about a little bit of everything until I remembered what had happened this morning then my anxiety level went up quick

"Hey do you think we could look for Dally?" I asked hopping that he would help me.

"Yeah sure what happened?" He asked stoping and looking at me.

"I need him to know that I'm safe and not dead on the street." I said referring to the guy who was just killed.

"Is everything alright?" He asked getting more and more concerned.

"I don't know but I need a witness there incase he try's to hit me or something like that." I said getting nervous at what will happen 

"Brooklyn, why in the world would he hit you? And why would you think that?" He asked almost yelling.

"Because when I would be with my father and he got mad he would hit me and right before I ran he had the same look in his eyes that my dad did right before he hit me. I don't I guess I'm just paranoid." I said starting to walk again.

"Brooklyn I can promise you that even tho Dal can be a jerk sometimes he would never even think of hurting you." Ponyboy said and I covered my face with my hands and forgot all together about the scars on my arms from where I had cut them.

"What is this?" He said and reached for my arm.

"What do you mean?" I asked scared and backing away like a lost puppy.

"On your arm? Brooklyn, did you do that to yourself?" He asked and I just nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry... Please don't tell anyone. You have to promise me that you won't." I said scared that Dally would find out.

"I won't, I promise. But you have to stop doing that to yourself or I will tell somebody." He said worried for my safety.

"Okay I won't." I said and we walked till we got to bucks and I started to get even more scared of what will happen.

"What do you think he will do?" I asked my voice cracking.

"I'm not sure but he will probably be happy your safe." He said in a soft voice.

"Yeah I guess your write." I said ready to go inside.

"I have to go but come by later and we can go to the park and watch the sunset." He said and kissed me lightly then left.

I walked inside to see what I wish I didn't ever have to see. Oh god no!

-----------------------
Sorry for the short chapter but I will write a longer one next time.

Vote

Comment

Share

Like