A New Best Friend

Brooklyn's POV

I had the gun to my throat and was shaking like a dog in a blizzard when Dally tried to grab the gun away from me and I jumped back in fear. I don't know what to do! Do I pull the trigger and it will all be over or do I give Dally the gun like he is pleading for it.

"Brooklyn calm down and give me the gun" he said in a low quiet voice.

I was still shaking but with a shaky hand I took the gun from my throat and brought my arm to my side and dropping the gun I fell to the floor in defeat. What the hell was I thinking?! I couldn't die and leave Dal and the gang here! Shoot there lives are probably more of a living hell than mine will ever be. In that moment Dal raced over next to me and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"What the hell was I even thinking..." I said in some state of shock.

"I don't know but I'm going to get Ponyboy back for almost killing you." He said in a soft yet stern voice.

After we talked for a while we both went to bed and I could hear him check in on me every now and then probably to make sure I was still there. And he took my heater any way so I wouldn't be able to do anything to myself to begin with.

                         {the next day}

Brooklyn's POV

I woke up to the sweet sound of my alarm clock on a Sunday and Dal opened the door as if he was stalking outside and didn't want to wake me so he let the damn alarm do it instead.

"Hey we're going to the Curtis house soon so get ready." He said half sleeping still.

"Okay." I said and got up to get dressed.

I ended up wearing a navy blue crop top with flowers on it with a black thin tank top and frayed denim shorts with sandals and a black watch I stole from some thrift shop back in Detroit. (picture on the side) I also did my makeup which was just some winged eyeliner and mascara. I left my hair down and just brushed it all out with some water so it was smooth.

Because it was summer break there was no school and it's Sunday so there wouldn't be any school today to begin with. I'm expecting Dal to be the crap out of Ponyboy and he does deserve it.

We left and were on our way to the Curtis house when in the distance I see and small German Shepard sitting at the vacant lot. I'm not to fond of kids but when it comes to dogs I swear I go crazy!! I walked over and Dal follows behind me.

"Where are you going?" He says trying to keep up with me.

When I get to the small dog I stop a few feet away and kneel down. The small dog looked like he was in a fight or got attacked because he was lifting his leg as if it hurt and he had a small cut on his neck kinda like the one that I got a while ago.

"Come here I won't hurt you..." I said holding out my hand so that he could smell me. He stood up and limped over to me and I lifted him up and walked over to Dal who was watching the whole time.

"Who's dog?" He said patting him on the head.

"Not sure? If I clean him up and train him can we keep him?" I said and it look like the small pup understood because it looked like there was a shimmer of hope in his eyes towards Dal. Wait he was giving Dal puppy dog eyes!

"Okay fine but your buyin its food and you best train it not to pee in the house." He said and pat the pup on the head while we walked to the Curtis house. I wonder if they will let me use the bathroom to wash the pup. I also need a name. I don't know I will think of one later.

We walk into the house and I walk in and ask to wash off the pup in the bathroom. I fill the tub up and get soap on a washcloth. I think I will name him Max. Yeah I like that name for him. He limps over to the tub and I lift him in so that he in sitting in the water I start to wash his fur and get all the dirt out when the bathroom door creaks open. I turn around to see Johnny looking in watching me.

"Hey, how's the dog wash going?" He asked sounding nervous.

"Good almost done, wanna hand me the towel over there?" I say and he laughs a little and hands me the towel so I can drain the tub and dry off Max.

"I have to go to the store to get some things for Max, you wanna come with?" I ask trying to break the awkwardness that floods the room.

"Yeah sure!" He says a bit exited then with the perfect timing Max does that dog shake with the wet fur and gets water all on me and even on Johnny.

"Really Max?" I say and he just jumps on me and starts to lick all on my face. Once I dry everything off we walk into the living room where everyone is and Max is in my arms.

"We're going to the store to get stuff for Max." I say and me and Johnny walk out the door and I'm still carrying Max when a mustang pulls up behind us. Great timing! (Note the sarcasm)

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow