•5•

So, I know what you're probably thinking.

"Why!?"

"How could you break up with Hayes?"

"Please tell me this is a joke."

Well, I'm sorry but I just felt like he really didn't care for me. I felt like he just cared about his friends more then me. I haven't seen that boy in over a year, and when I finally get a day off he pushes me aside to hang out with his friends.

Can you blame me though? Like, it just hurts knowing your boyfriend.... Well ex boyfriend wanted to spend time with his friends, who he sees every freaking day, rather than his girlfriend.

Ugh!! My life. Anyway, I'm trying to get my mind off of him so let's change the subject shall we? I look over at my phone to see it going off.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hazel! What up?" Amber, my best friend, yells into the phone.

"Heyyyyyy I haven't seen you since the movie premier." I reply sitting back against my chair.

"I know it's been a long time. So I heard that there's this big Halloween party at jakes house. You up for it?" She tells me.

"Um. My mom is out of town. I can't leave the house." I say dreadfully.

"Oh come onnnnnn. It's a once in a life time opportunity." She begs.

"I don't know. I can't disobey my mom." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Pleaseeeeeee for me." She drags her voice.

"Fine! But I don't have a costume." I say giving in.

"Do not worry Amber is to the rescue! Meet me at the mall in 10." She says and hangs up.

I feel really bad about this, but like she said it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Right? I get up grabbing my purse as I walk out of my room. I grab my keys and head out.

I get in my car, turn up the radio, and head to the mall.

........

"How about this one?" Amber asks twirling around in her costume.

"Eh the skirt is too high." I point out.

"You're right. Ok let me try this one." She says picking up another costume.

I give a small laugh and look at my phone.

'Hazel please. I'm begging you. Talk to me.' -Hayes.

I sigh and turn my phone off. Amber comes out in a black cat outfit.

"It looks so adorable!!" I cheer.

She smiles and spins around.

"Ok let's go." She says and quickly changes.

We check out of the costume shop. (Her costume is on the slide)

"We're gonna be soooooo cute!" She cheers as we walk out of the shop.

"Let's go live it up!" I yell.

We both laugh and head back to my car. I can't wait!