•13•

*i know I already had this song in the last book I think but listen to it again please.*

I stop at a traffic light. I look over at Hayes who's on his phone smiling at pictures.

"What are you looking at?" I ask curiously.

"Pictures of us at the beach." He says smiling at me.

I laugh remembering the time. It was a crazy, unique time. The light turns green and I slowly move up.

"Hazel!" Hayes screams.

I look to my side to see a car speeding to us. Before I could do anything it hits us and we go flying. We roll over and over again. Soon we stop upside down.

I try keeping my eyes open but it gets harder every minute. I cough and feel blood come out of my mouth. I slowly take my seat belt off and look over at Hayes.

His eyes are closed and I can't tell if he's breathing.

"Hayes?" I ask hoarsely.

No answer.

"Hayes Grier? Please don't die on me." I say grabbing his hand.

Please God, please don't let him die. Take me instead.

"Hayes Grier please! I love you I'm not ready to let you go." I cry.

Hot tears fall down my cheek burning my scratches. I ignore my pain and focus on him. I start hearing sirens around me.

"Hayes please." I beg.

No movement. No answer. I look away crying.

"Help!" I scream.

"Someone just please help!" I scream again.

I shake my head losing it. I break down. I hit the roof screaming. I can't lose him.

"God what do you want me to do!?" I scream covering my mouth.

I look back at Hayes shaking him but nothing. I feel so useless! I can't do anything to save him. I look back at the window to see it cracked. I hit my elbow against the window.

After a few hits the glass shatters. I crawl out, the glass cutting deep in my arms. I ignore the pain and limp over to Hayes. I break his window and undo his seat belt.

More tears blur my vision but I blink them away. I drag him out and lay him flat on the ground. I lean down and hear for a heart beat but nothing.

I look around to see a man running to me. He's in a army uniform. He kneels down and I move away. He starts doing CPR on Hayes.

"Will he be ok?" I ask.

"I don't know. You guys got hit pretty hard. How old are you?" He asks.

"16. He's 16 too turning 17 in a few weeks." I say tears rushing down.

The army man keeps performing CPR. Soon the ambulance pulls in and men jump out. They put Hayes on a stretcher and put him in the ambulance.

"Come on I'll take you to the hospital. You're busted up." He says helping me up.

"Thank you." I say.

"Anytime. Don't want to see kids suffer."

"No I mean thank you for protecting our country." I say.

He smiles and helps me in his truck.

"Glad to." He drives away and speeds to the hospital.

On our way there I just pray that Hayes will be ok. He's my baby, my prince, hero I need him. I rather die then go a day without him. He has to be ok. He needs to be ok.

We pull into the hospital and the army man helps me out. We walk inside to see Hayes get rolled into a room. I walk to the room and look through the window.

They grab the paddles and try to revive Hayes. I put my hands on the window and stare. First time does nothing.

The doctor nods and they raise the charge. He does it again and still nothing. I look down clinching my fist. Tears fall down. I look back up and they raise the charge to its highest.

They do it again and there's a heart beat. I smile and back away from the window. I put my hands on my head and back away smiling. I sit on the chair wiping my tears away.

Thank you God thank you thank you thank you. A nurse comes up to me and helps me into another room. I look back at the army man to see him smiling at me.

"Can he come with me? I trust him." I tell her.

I hate hospitals if you couldn't tell. I don't trust them and never will. Ever.

She nods and he walks to me.

"Stay with me please." I say.

He smiles and nods. We walk back in the room and she hooks me up to an I.V.