•Sad chapter•

A/N- this chapter is just for fun. I've been challenged by my teacher to write a sad scene for our class so I'm just trying it here. Again this is just for fun, the next chapter will pick up where the last one left off. P.S- NF is one of my favorite rappers. He speaks the truth

*Hazel's P.O.V-*

Cameron slowly opens my door with the phone in his hand. I look up from my chemistry book giving him a weird glance.

"Hazel." He starts off but can't finish.

"Cameron? What's wrong?" I ask my heart speeding up.

"It's Hayes." I drop everything tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Wha... what do you mean?" I ask tears fighting  to just spill.

"He got in a car accident... Hazel I'm sorry."

"If this is a prank Cameron I'm not laughing. Don't you dare play me like this." I snap taking deep breaths.

"I'm not... doctors said they don't know if he'll survive the night." He replies.

I jump out of the bed putting on my sweater. I race down grabbing my keys ignoring Cameron's screams behind me. I jump in my car speeding off to the hospital.

Tears fall of my eyes making my vision blurry.

"Please don't take him. Please. I promise to be better. He's all I got." I cry.

I hit the steering wheel tears just falling.

"What do you want me to do!?" I scream.

I pull in the hospital, not even putting the car in park. I run inside to see most of the guys in a waiting room. I look around, and they all look at me.

Nash shakes his head tears falling. I back away shaking my head. No. He can't. JackG comes up to me pulling me in a hug. I fight him up but he pulls me closer.

I fall to my knees crying. Asking why. Why him? JackG just rocks me back and forth trying to calm me down. I cry in his shoulder. A doctor walks in looking at us.

He nods and Jack helps me up leading me out of the waiting room. He leads me to the room where the boy I love lays there lifeless.

The joy that use to fill his eyes now gone. The jealousy that filled him when I was seen with Max or Ryder. The stupid jokes he made every night.

Now gone

The corny pick up lines he used, because he thought it was smooth. I walk slowly to his side of the bed grabbing his hand. The guys walk out of the room shutting the door.

Now gone

"I never thought this day would come." I say giving a small laugh.

I look up at the ceiling trying to hold in the tears.

"Hayes. I will always love you. I will always love the late night talks you gave when you couldn't sleep. I will always love the obnoxious laughs you gave at Nash's knock knock jokes. I will always love your flaws. Every single one of them. Katelyn asked me what am I going to do with my life. I don't know. It seems like now everything is at a sudden stop. It's like I'm lost in the moment." I softly say tears falling.

I lean down kissing his forehead. I bury my face in his shoulder squeezing his hand.

"I love you. I love you so much." I cry leaning back up.

I let go of his hand stepping away. I look at the ground not wanting to leave, but I know I have to.

I slowly walk out looking back at him one last time. Goodbye Hayes. I'll never forget you or the memories we shared. I shut the door turning away from the room.

Cameron comes up to me hugging me. Tears don't fall anymore. It's like all of them are gone now. Cameron and I walk out of the hospital with the guys following us.

I get in my car staring at the steering wheel. I will forever be lost in the moment....