•20•

//Few more days until the contest ends. Sorry it's taking long my friends are deciding\\

*Max P.O.V.*

I walk on the pathway in the woods like I always do. I look around to see a figure sitting on a bench in front of the lake. I walk closer to the figure wondering.

That's when I see her. The most beautiful girl I laid my eyes on.

"Hazel?" I ask.

She turns around wiping her tears away.

"Oh hey max." She says turning back to the lake.

"What's wrong?" I ask sitting beside her.

"Nothing. I'm fine." She coughs.

"Don't lie to me Hazel."

She looks at me with her bright green eyes. I love her eyes so much. They pop out no matter the weather. Her cheeks are rosy bringing out her skin tone.

She looks down at her hands. Her small, beautiful hands. No nail polish like girly girls, no fake nails, the realist nails I've seen.

"It's Hayes. He kissed another girl. He didn't even hesitate." She softly cries.

"Hey look at me. Hayes is a jerk he's not worth your tears. If he can't see the amazing girl you are then he's the one with the lost. You're perfect, amazing, talented, caring, I can go on and on. He's just a jerk who cares for only himself. You don't need him. You need someone better." I explain putting my hand on top of hers.

She needs me. I can be anything she wants me to be.

"Thank you Max." She says and looks out onto the lake.

Why can't she be mine?

"But seriously. There's someone out there who gets you better."

She softly smiles and leans her head on my shoulder. My heart races and I feel heat rise to my cheeks. I reach in my pocket and take out a box.

"Here." I say.

She leans up and looks at the box. She opens it carefully and opens the box. Her face brightens up and she looks back up to me.

"Max." She starts off.

"I got it for you. It's my promise to you." I say.

She smiles and takes out the necklace. It's a H with diamonds. It sparkles in the night just like her eyes. She turns around and I put the necklace on her.

She turns around and we stare at each other.

"I'll always be here. I'm not going anywhere." I say pushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

She smiles and grabs my hand. We stare at each other for a few seconds. I lean in. Please please please. Our lips touch and I feel sparks. Can guys even get butterflies?

Well, I got some butterflies. I put my hand behind her neck and deepen the kiss. Sparks are everywhere like its the Fourth of July. We pull apart and I smile at her.

She smiles and leans her forehead against mine. I kiss her nose and she giggles. Her giggle is so cute!! I kiss her forehead and lean back on the bench.

She lays her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. I take my jacket off and wrap it around her. Few minutes later we get up.

I grab her hand and we start walking back to the house. When we approach half way someone pushes me to the ground and starts punching me.