chapter 10

Iris had never been to a nude beach before, so she was completely unprepared for what she saw as soon as they stepped into the powdery sand. The majority of the women had thongs much like her own but they wore nothing on their breasts. The men, on the other hand, were walking around exposed from head to toe. The majority of the people on the beach were European tourists, Nikolas told her as they set their things down on the sand. 

“Time to strip,” he announced.

Iris glowered at him as he stepped out of his shorts and pulled his shirt over his head. He didn’t look out of place, though he was the only man in a speedo. Instead, Nik looked like a sun god; and it occurred to her for the first time that he was tan. It seemed that everything she thought she knew about vampires was wrong. He stretched his arms over his head, causing his muscles to ripple, and winked at her. 

“Come on Iris, don’t be shy.”

Iris knew he was teasing her and that showing a reaction would only make it better for him but damn it, she couldn’t help it. She found herself pushing the dress over her hips to show that she wasn’t shy and when it was off, she bundled it into a ball and threw it at him. He caught it, grinned, and let his eyes trail down her body inch by inch; so slow, she could feel them like a physical caress on her skin. He motioned for her to turn around and she did, deliberately taking her time. When she was facing away from him, she bent from the waist down, pretending she had to get something from her bag. She grinned in satisfaction when he groaned. 

“Hm, I seem to have forgotten my sunglasses,” she sighed, still facing away from him. 

She thanked her mom silently for having forced her into gymnastics as a child because otherwise, she wouldn’t have been flexible enough to fold down that way. When she stood, Iris turned to look at him but she couldn’t keep eye contact; Her eyes found their way below his waist and refused to budge. His condition was too distracting.

“You know, you’re going to pay for this.”

She looked up at him when he spoke, then back down with a grin. 

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Oh yes,” he said, coming toward her, “you are.”

Before she knew what he was planning, he had her thrown over his shoulder and was walking toward the beach. 

“No! Nik put me down.”

“What did you say?” he asked, his hand slapping against the bare skin of her butt. She gasped as she tried to wiggle free. It was futile, his hold was just too strong.

“Nik don’t you dare, I don’t want to get wet.”

“You don’t?”

His hand slapped her butt again but this time it stayed to soothe the skin. They were almost to the water now, it was lapping against his calves. Iris tried to twist out of his hold but it was impossible. He pulled her into his arms and when she least expected it, he threw her into the surf. She came up sputtering with a plan to get back at him already brewing in her mind. She pulled Nik flush against her while she sealed his lips with a kiss. Her hand found its way between them and she cupped him through the speedo. The water wasn’t cold enough to cure his condition so she planned to make him as frustrated as possible before making a run for the shore. When he bit down on her lip, she started to move her hand up and down against him. He growled, hips rolling forward in the motion of sex. 

“It’s not going to work,” he whispered against her lips and she was so lost in the moment it took her a moment to process what he had said. 

“What isn’t?”

“You’re plan.”

Iris stared at him, completely dumbfounded. How could he have guessed? She started to speak but a sudden tug at her back stopped her. Before she knew it, he had her bikini top in his hands and was backing away from her. Her hands went up to her breasts as her eyes widened in surprise. She couldn’t believe it; that she was standing in the ocean completely topless, her breasts covered only by the palms of her hands.