11. Rude and cruel world

After it was decided Jin would take care of me, we went back over to the apartment I lived in. He helped me to the couch and helped me sit down, then rushed to make something in the kitchen.

While he was gone, I couldn't help but wonder why Jin was nice to me. He was abnormally caring with me. Thinking back to high school, he wasn't too rude, unlike Jimin and V.

Despite the time V and I had been friends back in high school, he was quick to join Jimin and leave me. It was literally within a day that he decided he wanted to be against me. Monday, we were best friends. Tuesday, he hated me and wanted nothing to do with me.

And I kept wondering why Jimin had ever dissed me in the first place. Was there a reason behind his rudeness? A meaning for all his harsh words and cruel behavior. Was there anything that had influenced his actions toward me all these years? Or did he just believe I deserved to die because I wasn't born normal? But no one was born normal. No one is normal.

"Jikyo! I got us some chips." Jin told me, reentering my haven of thinking.

"Thanks. And thanks for saving me back with Jimin, you know." I grinned at him. Still, my words came out barely readable. I blamed my swollen jaw.

I laid on the couch, my legs completely straight on the cushions to avoid any unwanted pain. Jin sat at my feet and sat the bowl of chips on the coffee table.

"Do you need ice?" He asked, gently rubbing his thumb over the large bump on my thigh from where the stitches were. My breath got weird as he did so.

"Uhm, yes please."

He got up yet again to go to the kitchen. While he was out, I retraced over the place where he rubbed his thumb. I wished Jimin was as nice as Jin was.

But no, Jimin was a dickhole who felt the need to mess up my heart more than it already was.

Jin placed an ice pack on my thigh very slowly. The feeling of the ice hitting my deeply pained, stitched up thigh was the greatest feeling I had ever experienced.

Then he lifted another ice pack to my jaw. That same sense of relief came, the burning feeling wearing off the slightest bit.

"Better?" He asked, grinning at my pleased face.

"Yea, thank you."

While we sat in complete and uncomfortable silence, I began to remember things, as if the wreck had made me lose my memory. But really, I had forgotten this fact before the wreck even happened. The wreck didn't do a thing to my memory.

"Jin, would you go get my pillow?" I asked, recalling what I had stored in the case. It was both notes I had received.

He nodded and went to get it. While he wasn't there, I thought about it and realized I shouldn't abuse my power of having him do everything for me.

Once he came back, I thanked him and got both notes out of the case. Seeing the first note, the one I found in my parents' wrecked car, brought back the feeling from when I first saw them there, barely breathing and unmoving.

The second note reminded me that I never told them, I had passed out on the sidewalk from being drugged, not my heart.

"What's that?"

He scooted directly next to me, viewing the pieces of paper I was holding. The second note mentioned something I had forgotten. It said about the four attacks before he kills me. The street was the first, and when he kills me, it would be the fourth.

Surely he had glanced over the words, because he stopped talking. After a moment, his words started up again.

"You didn't pass out from your heart? That was the first thing I thought when I saw you laying on the sidewalk. I didn't see anyone around you... I'm so sorry!"