5. Switching

After the entire situation earlier in the day, we had decided to drop the entire incident of me fainting. Of course, Hoseok Oppa wouldn't let it go that I was being followed, and no, he wasn't mad. He was just so pumped, running around, shouting, "I'm like a bodyguard!"

And as always someone had to calm him down.

Suga decided he wanted to stay up with the rest of us for once. Namjoon was still working on some lyrics that perplexed me. Jin was on his phone on the couch, and V and J-Hope were playing Chinese Hand Slap on the ground. Jimin was rather silent ever since his outburst earlier, and Jungkook was following me everywhere I went around the apartment, other than the bathroom.

I sat down on a couch in the living room, across from Jin. Jungkook sat down directly next to me, grinning.

"Kookie, what're you doing?" I questioned, shifting to the right slightly to move our bodies farther apart.

He had that dumb grin from last night on his face, the one he had been using aegyo with. It was such a wide grin, dare I say adorable. One where his mouth curves reached his cheekbones, and his eyes were basically closed.

"I'm protecting you."

That was when I stared at him with a bit of confusion, "From what?"

He gave a slight glance in the direction of the dark haired Jimin. He was watching back, and he didn't even turn away when we looked at him.

"He can't do anything." I reminded Jungkook, smoothing out the top of his hair like he was my child. He grew a tint of pink on his previously grinning face, which was now straight. "Plus, you should be protecting me from Hobi. That boy's terrifying."

"Heard that, Jikyo!" J-Hope said as his hand was slapped.

"You were supposed to!"

Jungkook giggled, shaking his head disapprovingly at J-Hope and I. "Yea, I know, but I feel like I need to protect you. You're my best friend."

I would've thought he'd make a new best friend after the two of us stopped talking. I mean, I didn't make any new friends, but I had expected Jungkook to find a new best friend.

"I am?"

He grinned widely, "Of course! Sure, we stopped talking, but that doesn't mean all the shit from the years of high school went away."

That was very true. Jungkook didn't forget about me, he was just afraid to contact me. That was the same situation I had been in.

On another note, to be truthful, I felt like I was forgetting something. The times I had fainted, twice since coming into the city, I had had this feeling, as though there was something missing. It was something physical.

Whatever that something was, it would surely come back to me at some point.

I glanced around the room again, for probably the millionth time tonight. Everyone was still doing their previous activities. Of all the events happening, I took interest in Namjoon, who was writing lyrics. I wanted to know what he was writing.

"We can talk later. I wanna visit Namjoon." I said to him, not waiting for his response.

At the sound of his own name, Namjoon peered up at me. He began to shift uncomfortably, as if he had known I was coming to scope out his notebook. I casually smiled.

"I know I asked this morning, but what are you writing?" I questioned, taking a seat very close to him nonchalantly. He caught on.

"Secret." He simply put, shutting the book with his pencil holding the page.