Pleasure

Amunet had to admit she was a little disappointed how easy it was getting Teremun to take her back to his chambers. After her dance, one of the guards had pulled her aside and given her orders to visit the Pharaoh after the celebration ended. Amunet had of course been thrilled, but she obviously kept an impassive expression and simply nodded her head. Now all that was left was to wait. As the music drowned on and feast continued, Amunet became restless waiting in the shadows. She watched the elite around her laughing and smiling and pretending that everything was right in the world when it wasn't. Egypt was on the brink of war with the Europeans and thousands of people were starving on the streets, yet they could throw away food and drink like it was nothing. Amunet had been around people like this her entire life and just like now, she couldn't say a word in the defense of those suffering. She even felt slightly guilty that she was running off, but the flashes of freedom that crossed her mind quickly had her rethinking her displacement of emotion and instead concentrating on how she was going to kill the Pharaoh. She'd thought of stabbing him but didn't really think she had the strength for such a task so in the end poison was really her only option. She figured she'd slip the little packet into a glass of wine and it would be over. Simple as that. However, when the time came for her to actually complete the job, getting cold feet was an understatement.

Amunet was directed towards the Pharaoh's quarters away from his harem and the watching eyes of several other political leaders. She was given some time to prepare so Amunet cleaned off the sweat from her body and made sure that she was presentable. She sat in the center of the room with her arms folded and her head bowed and remained that way in silence for what felt like an eternity. Her body was rigid and cold by the time the door creaked open. She didn't move as heavy footsteps made their way towards her or when a hand reached out to stroke a finger down her spine. She felt a shiver run through her body and her back arched reflexively. The figure chuckled slightly and moved around so that he was facing Amunet but still towering over her. Amunet looked up into the jade eyes of the Pharaoh and felt her heart begin to hammer in her chest. She found it difficult to breath looking at him but refused to break eye contact first.

He reached down to caress the side of her face and ran a hand under her chin. Amunet tried to concentrate on a way to offer some wine or something, but her mind was completely drawing a blank as Teremun grabbed her hand and brought her to her feet. He was much taller than her and Amunet had to still crane her head to look up at his gorgeous features. If someone had asked her in that moment what her mission was, she honestly wouldn't have been able to answer them. Then only thing crossing her mind at the moment was that man in front of her who was still staring at her like she was the most beautiful thing he'd seen. Amunet followed blindly to the bed and was surprised when he allowed her to sit gently at the edge. She watched him bend in front of her and take one of her legs in his hands. Gingerly he began sliding the bracelets off and stroked her calf. He repeated this on her other leg and slowly trailed his hands up her legs. He removed the bracelets from her wrists next then the jewels around her neck and then finally began unfastening the silk around her waist and chest. When she was completely uncovered, Amunet was backed farther onto the bed where the Pharaoh leaned over her and continued to stare into her eyes.

Teremun lowered his body so that it was pressed against hers and he kissed her gently. Amunet felt every muscle in her body begin to burn and her stomach turned in knots and coils. He deepened the kiss and ravished her with his hands. With everything completely forgotten, Amunet was filled with pleasure for the first time in her life. Every kiss, every touch had her trembling and moaning and reacting in a way that she knew wasn't appropriate for a slave. Afterward, she'd expected the Pharaoh to leave after she fell asleep and thus she'd miss her chance to kill him and gain her freedom, but when she woke he was still lying beside her. His arm was draped over her stomach and she was spooned up next to him. His eyes were wide as he watched Amunet shake the last rays of sleep from her face and shift so that she was looking at him. Amunet's stared confused at the Pharaoh but in return, he just smiled. He brushed a piece of hair from her face and rested his head on his arm.

"So Amunet," he began in a raspy and relaxed tone of voice. Amunet jumped slightly at the sound of her name on his lips and didn't even process the question of how he knew her name. She didn't move as he trailed a hand along the side of her face and leaned in close to her ear. "Now that we're acquainted, why don't you tell me who hired you to kill me?"