Chapter 16 - Finally Leaving

Three Weeks Later

Alana-Rose's Perspective

"Well, I think your vitals are stable enough." Travis said, flipping through his clipboard. I watched, admittedly nervous.

I was set to go leave this sanitary sanctuary today, and for that, I was extremely grateful. But, my leaving depended on whether or not my body had healed enough since a surgery I'd had four days ago.

Anesthesia was strange. It felt like being incredibly high and very, very drowsy at the same damn time. I had never been high before but I'd like to think that that is what it was like.

I'd had surgery on my leg and my arm, they were no longer broken, but apparently they hadn't healed correctly, all my bones were crooked. So, like the amazing doctor he was, Travis had them RE-BREAK my fucking bones. So now, I could walk, but my arm was being a bit of a hard ass, so it was still in the stupid cast. And, it itched like hell.

My side had been punctured by some glass so I was sore from that surgery which had transpired about a week ago. My lung had finally drained, but because I had sustained such ridiculous injuries from the freak accident that I didn't even remember... so fucking annoying.

Travis felt my leg and ankle, watching me for an reaction. He smiled.

"You can tell me if this hurts..." He teased. I gritted my teeth, wanting to tell him to stop poking my ankle.

"Alright. Damn it. Alright." I said, giving in. Travis straighten and rubbed at my side. I grimaced a bit and he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine." I said quickly. "It's fine."

He smirked. "You don't look fine." I rolled my eyes.

"Travis, no one looks 'fine' after they have flown through a window. Just fyi." Travis placed his stethoscope on my back and we went through my regular breathing exercises.

"Your a living miracle, Rose." He said firmly, looking at me from behind his glasses. "I hope you know that."

I swallowed. I didn't want to hear this.

“I didn't know if you were going to make it. It was the scariest thing, watching you in this bed, watching you... watching you barely breathe." He said sighing.

"Trav." I started.

"And I wasn't the one worried about you, you know." He says. I've heard this speech before.

It's the famous 'I know you don't want to, but you should really realize that you aren't the only one going through this shit' speech. And, it was starting to get old.

"I know." I whispered. I straightened once he moved the cold metal instrument to my chest. It burned to breathe sometimes.

"You need to give him a chance, Rosie. You owe him that much."

I scoffed, laughing. "I don't even know him."

Travis' eyes flashed. "Exactly. Imagine how he feels. Imagine how it feels to be with someone who doesn't even remember you. Imagine having to start all over. It's damn hard, Rose!"

"YEAH, WELL IMAGINE HOW I FEEL!!" I yelled, pushing away the stethoscope. Travis blinked. I pushed my hair out of my face, jerking it into a messy ponytail.

Travis frowned. "You're being selfish."

"You know, you don't need to tell me this. You don't need to tell me how fucking selfish I'm being. You don't need to. And I don't want you to!! I know I'm being selfish, dammit. I know that!! But I don't know any other way to be right now."