Out of the Tomb

The room shattered around them. Lilly's arm was bleeding badly and was cut horribly. As it turned out the room they had been in was only a smaller section of room. They stood in the full room now. A pedestal with a little box sat at the far edge.

It took a minute before Luke could gather himself back together. He was still very shaken by what he had seen. Was that a vision or was the room trying to trick them? How could he know which one it was.

Lilly dropped the knife as soon as the mirror shattered and she clutched her arm.

"Lilly!" Luke rushed to his feet. He grabbed Lilly's arm, hurriedly but still gentle not to damage it any further.

"Luke, I'm fine. Let's just move on." Lilly hissed. Luke didn't believe her for a second. Lilly stumbled over to the pedestal. On the top of the box on the pedestal was another lily. Lilly went to open it and it started glowing. The lid vanished. Lilly grabbed the ring. She smiled. Finally they had what they had came for.

"I'll take that." A voice said.

She felt a swift breeze and the ring was stolen from her grasp. A girl with dark black hair and red eyes had stolen it from her.

"Thanks for getting this for me. I'll be sure to be nice to you next time I see you in the Dark Realm. How much longer do you have? Two weeks? I guess I'll see you soon-" Serena was interrupted by Lilly grabbing Serena's hand and forcefully taking the ring back.

Serena shoved Luke, who had tried to help Lilly, out of her way. Serena aimed a punch at Lilly. The blonde haired girl dodged. Serena tried to snatch the ring back from Lilly's grasp but was instead elbowed in the face.

"Sorry!" Lilly exclaimed. She hadn't meant to hurt Serena, just to keep her from getting the ring.

Serena lunged at Lilly, who had backed away. Luke tried to get involved again and managed to trip Serena. She fell on the floor. This gave Lilly enough time to grab her friend and run. She shoved the ring in her pocket where it was safe.

They found their way out of the maze quicker this time. The walls had risen once more. They found the middle quite quickly while Serena was stuck, which gave them a little more time.

They carefully leaped from tile to tile in the next room. Serena was still stuck in the third.

The bounded over the frozen snakes in the first room and scurried up the slanted hallway.

"You, guys we need to go!" Luke shouted, now dragging Lilly who wasn't able to keep up as well with the blood loss.

Their friends had been on their way back to the room when they heard Luke's yelling. They rushed back into the main room to see Luke and Lilly running outside. A doorway was opened that hadn't been there before and so they followed the two.

"What happened back there?" Michael asked Luke when they were all outside next to the cars they had borrowed to drive there.

"I'll tell you in a minute. Does anyone have a first aid kit or something?" Luke asked. Emily nodded.

"I can use a spell to fix Lilly's arm. What happened to it? It looks like there are pieces of broken glass in it." Emily stated. Luke began to explain.

"Lilly opened up a secret compartment in the wall. We went through it. There was these four booby trapped rooms that went through. The last one had this mirror that showed us this horrible sight and Lilly smashed it to let us out." Luke said as Emily began to heal Lilly's arm.

"Did you find the ring." Michael asked. Lilly nodded. It was quite clear that she was exhausted. Lilly pulled the ring out from her pocket. It was a small gold band with a red stone in the center.

"Wow, cool. I guess I'll we have to do now is find Lilly's true love." Olivia said. Luke crossed his arms.

"How are we even supposed to do that?" Luke grunted. Olivia smiled at him. It was clear that he didn't want to find some guy for Lilly.

"There's a spell I can preform to find out where they are, but it's going to take a while. It's a potion, you see, and some of the ingredients are difficult to acquire." Emily said.

"I don't think we have any other options." Michael said. "What are the ingredients?"

"We need a silver rose, a leaf from the Adiornette plant, a cockroach exoskeleton, some Lukil venom, and some juice from the Couer fruit." Emily read out of her book.

"Uh, what?" Michael asked. Those were all pretty weird sounding names.

"Where can we find these objects?" Lilly asked.

"In France."

"In where now?" Michael asked Emily.

"Why can't we just go home?" Luke whined. Lilly frowned. She felt like it was her fault that her friends had to do this.

"If you guys want to get the ingredients for the potion, yeah we have to go to France. It's the only spot in the world where all of these items are available." Emily explained.

"I can't wait!" Olivia exclaimed. She was the only one who seemed happy about this.

"As long as there are no more enchanted tombs." Luke mumbled.

---------------------------------------------
I honestly hate this chapter. I don't feel like it's well executed, but it's necessary to continue. I'm really excited for the other chapters which should be really good, so that's why I wrote this chapter even though I don't like it.