Luke's Labyrinth

Luke frowned. He was in a maze. He didn't really like mazes. He had a knack for finding things in a labyrinth, but he didn't like them. He was almost always alone in them.

He ran as fast as could through the twists and turns. Being in this maze reminded him of when Lilly got lost in the Halloween maze in 6th grade. He smiled to himself. After that anytime Lilly would go into a maze she would always cling to him. That was the only reason he liked mazes. He remembered how happy he was when he found Lilly.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Over here!" Luke heard someone exclaim as he searched for his friend. He ran towards the voice.

"Luke, I'm so glad you found me. I'm sorry that I ran off on you."

"Your parents are right behind me with Jade. I ran into them after I lost you. Please, don't ever do that again." Lilly nodded.

"You won't ever have to find me again. Next time I get lost you can just let me find my own way out. I deserve it after running off." Lilly looked down ashamed.

"Lilly, it's not that big of a deal that we lost you. It's a maze after all." Luke smiled, trying to make his best friend feel better. More footsteps were within earshot.

"I know but-" Luke interrupted the twelve year old girl.

"Lilly, It's fine if you get lost from time to time. I'll always find you."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Luke's face turned a little pink at the thought of this memory. He remembered how he had just started to develop a crush on Lilly when this happened.

"I can't believe it's been so long since that happened. It feels like it just happened not too long ago." Luke mumbled to no one in particular.

He zigzagged around corners before he got to the center of the maze. In the middle stood a small cube. He ran up to it. Was it supposed to do something special? He stepped on it with his foot. It turned out to be a button. It sank into the ground.

The walls started to shift, also sinking into the ground. He looked around. He was all alone. Three doors stood at the far end of the maze. He ran to them. Each had a word on it. The one farthest to the right said Choose, the middle said Very, and the one that was farthest left said Carefully. Choose very carefully. Hmmm...

Luke thought for a minute, before choosing the last door. He was about to open it when another vision flashed through his mind. It was a girl with similar features to his best friend. She had long black hair, with a red streak where Lilly had a blue one. She was born with it and no one knows how she got it. The girl had red eyes instead of blue. She wore all black clothing with a blue heart locket. It looked exactly like Lilly's but was blue instead of red. Luke let go of the doors handle. He didn't want to go through this door.

He reached and grabbed onto the handle of the farthest right door. He felt the same sense of peace and familiarity as he did when he leaped on the lily tile. He went through that door. It turned out that he was in another maze.

"Dang it!" Luke exclaimed.

"Luke, is that you?" A voice asked.

"Lilly?! Yeah it's me! Where are you?" He asked, shouting.

"I'm in the center of the maze!" Lilly exclaimed.

"Lilly, stay put! I'll find you!" He ran towards the center of the maze completely forgetting that there was a button that could make the walls sink into the ground. He maneuvered around walls until he got to the center of the maze. Lilly stood near edge of the middle.

"Luke!" She ran up to the blond boy.

"Lilly!" He ran to her. The met near the middle.

"I told you that I would always find you." Luke said. Lilly smiled, even brighter.

"I knew you would. So how do we get out of here?" Lilly asked.

"Oh right. I completely forgot." Luke face palmed. He walked over to the button in the middle of the maze and stepped on it. The walls disappeared into the ground just like when he had been in his own maze. There they were. Three doors. Choose, very, and carefully.

If the right one in my maze led to Lilly then maybe that one will led back to my maze. And if the one on the far left led to a that girl there maybe it leads to her here. Where does the middle one led then? Luke thought. Of course! It leads to the next room!

He grabbed Lilly and ran to it. He touched the doorknob. Another image appeared. It was a glint of gold, the ring! He would have to figure out why he was getting these visions later. He flung open the door.

"Luke, are you sure-" Lilly was cut short.

"I'm sure. Trust me." They went in.