Epilogue

At first he was angry. He was furious. He had had the power within his grasp and a few people came along to screw up his plans. Now he was stuck in the worst place he could be: the Light Realm's prisoner containment center.

He wanted to make them pay. To hurt them and get his life back. He was full of hate and anger. He had been doing everything right. He had followed the plan and had done as he was told. The stupid girl was lucky. She didn't actually have the skill to defeat him. He had just forgotten to account for luck.

Max stared hard at his shadow on the wall of his lone cell, waiting for it to do something out of the regular. It couldn't. Celion wasn't coming to help him out of the mess. Being a ghost of the Dark Realm he couldn't leave the Dark Realm even if he wanted to. He didn't want to though, Max knew that. Celion had played him like a pawn and when things had gone wrong disposed of him. Celion could get another tool easily. Max was stuck in jail.

Nobody would believe that the mastermind behind it all was a dead guy. That was when Max began to feel regret.

Regret had won over fury. Max had let himself be played. He had let Celion put thoughts in his head and had agreed to partner with him. Max had thought he could be a strong leader by taking over more land but he had been wrong.

Max was angry again. He balled his hands into fists. There was nothing he could punch in his cell. This time however he was mad at himself.

He wasn't smart enough to see through the demonic shadow. He had let himself get captured. He had hurt people.

Max had turned his soldiers against himself by overworking them. They had to hate him now. He would understand if they did because right now he didn't like himself very much.

He had been a jerk to his own parents who only wanted to help him. Maybe they would forgive him eventually. Parents were often more forgiving of their children's mistakes than others were.

He had objectified Lilly, a girl who wouldn't hurt a fly and rarely held onto hate. He had looked at her like she was an object to be obtained that would further his goals. Lilly might be able to forgive him for that some day but she would definitely never forgive him for what he had done to Luke. Max didn't know whether or not Luke survived.

Lastly there was Serena, a girl who had trusted him with her friendship. He knew all of her insecurities like how she never felt like she fit in or how she dreamed to have a family. Max had been her only friend and he had treated her like their years of friendship meant nothing to him. And yet she would still help him when she didn't even have to.

Max touched his chest. He could feel the scars through his shirt. Serena had tried to help him when he demanded that she didn't.

Serena was definitely the nicest person he knew. He didn't deserve for her to forgive him.

Max decided that if he ever got out of the dank and dark jail cell he would devote the rest of his life to making it up to everyone he had hurt especially Serena. Even if they never forgave him.

Celion was still out there though. He still wanted power. Max was determined to make it so no one else would be turned into monsters like him because of Celion's darkness.

Celion would have to be stopped.