Down With The King

The fight broke out. Lilly lunged at the two soldiers. She normally wouldn't harm anyone but right now she made an exception. She was only planning on doing the least amount of damage so she could help Michael.

The soldiers were fast and there where two of them, but Lilly was fast too. She didn't realize how well she could fight even though she was exhausted. She had to end the fight soon or else she would be the loser.

One of the soldiers aimed the sword for her head. Lilly sidestepped and blocked quite quickly. The other tried striking when Lilly was distracted but she dodged their blow. Lilly swiftly hit the first soldiers sword with her own. They weren't holding on to it carefully enough and it flew from their grasp.

The solider was paralyzed with shock for a moment. He looked at his empty hand.

"You idiot, I can't believe that you can't even keep a hold of your own bloody sword!" The other soldier exclaimed in outrage.

The young woman who was said to have a pure heart was surprised by what she did next. Lilly took this moment of distraction to punch the first soldier in the face. He was knocked backwards and landed on the ground with a thump. It didn't appear like he was going to get up anytime soon.

The other soldier used this time to strike. Lilly quickly switched her sword back into her right hand. Lilly stumbled as she blocked her opponent's sword. Lilly used all of her strength to try to force the sword out of her opponent's hand. She succeeded getting her opponent's  sword to leave their hand. The soldiers had a scared look on their face now that they were defenseless. Lilly used this time to get rid of her opponent... Temporarily of course. Lilly still was more of a lover than a fighter and didn't want to kill anyone unless it was absolutely necessary.

As the soldier tried to get his sword Lilly pounced. She used the handle of the sword to knock them out by striking them with it. They were still alive but out cold.

Max was still dueling Michael with a spare sword he had found. He had left his real sword in Luke's chest. Emily had removed it of course. Max hadn't noticed that Lilly had defeated her two opponents and was too busy fighting with Michael. Michael, Lilly realized, was doing quite well at sword fighting for someone who had recently learned, he was doing just as well as Luke had, but wasn't quite able to keep up with Max. He was going to slip soon if someone didn't do something.

Back with Luke, Emily was trying her best to heal him. She had too. He was one of her closest friends. He never judged her for being a little weird. He thought that he was weird himself and he was open minded to her odd magic so the two had become close. Luke was one of her best friends. Emily tried her best to save him but he was still failing. He was getting closer to death each second.

However, Emily noticed, after Lilly had arrived Luke had started to improve slightly. Just her presence could lift Luke up even if he didn't know she was there. After Lilly put the silver ring on his finger and slipped the gold one onto her own, which Emily had seen, Luke's health had had a slow increase. Magic was probably keeping him alive at the moment or else he probably would have died already and Emily knew what the most powerful magic was: love.

Emily put two and two together. Lilly put that ring on because she loved Luke. Luke has loved Lilly for years now. Now with the help of the rings they were bonded to each other in soul.

That didn't stop Luke's health from deteriorating once more. It was an enchanted sword that had struck him which means it did more damage and he was just barely holding on.

Lilly's curse no longer could effect her though. She could attack Max. She could help Michael. She could do something.

Lilly watched Michael and Max sword fight. They were doing very well. Max was too busy with Michael to notice her still. She decided to play dirty. All's fair in love and war.  She snuck up behind Max and held Luke's sword to his throat. Max stopped moving.

"Listen here, Max, surrender now or else." Lilly hissed. Max laughed.

"Or else what?"

"Or else I'll detach your head from your body." Lilly had a determined tone in her voice.

"Oh yeah? Have you forgotten that you can't hurt me?" Max chuckled in a condescending tone.

"I can do what I want. You tried to kill Luke, my best friend. You don't understand how much he means to me. And to watch you run him through with a sword like that... It just breaks my heart. You tried to take away my best friend's life and because of that I think I'm going to do what I want?" Lilly stated in a very angry tone.

"But you still can't. You can't hurt me." Max tried to explain to her.

"Oh yeah?" Lilly pressed the sword to his throat, just enough for small beads of blood to appear. She knew it wasn't something she would normally do or even something she would like to do, but she had to stop the war. She had to save Luke. She could harm Max. Her curse was broken.

"Alright, I surrender." Max deflated. He no longer was proud or strong sounding. He knew he had been defeated. He dropped his sword.

Lilly and Michael saw two Light Realm soldiers make their way through to them. They took Max away. The battle soon started to fizzle. Most of the Dark Army hadn't wanted to fight in the first place and the others wanted to obey their king. A couple tried to continue to fight but were soon beaten.

"Oh and by the way, Max. I want a divorce!" Lilly yelled after him.

Michael and Lilly ran back to Luke's side. They tried to get someone to call a healer.

"Luke," Lilly mumbled as she kneeled besides him.