Backstories

A/N: I recommend that you should go back and read character facts before reading this chapter. There's a puzzle that I think you can easily piece together. :)
**********************************

"Serena." Mrs. Parker looked down at the thought of the painful memory.

Jade and Luke shared a look. Shock could be easily seen on both of their faces.

They both have a oddly colored strip of hair, they both have the same face shape, the same eye shape, they're about the same height, both have freckles... Luke started to compare the two in his mind. Were they actually sisters? Or was it just a coincidence that Serena was the name of the baby and Max's servant?

"We have one picture of her from the day she was born." Mr. Parker had left the room and quickly returned holding a photograph. He handed it to Jade.

It showed one happy baby with a tuff of light hair being held by her dad and one dark haired baby who was crying in her mother's arms. The parents were smiling at the camera.

"She died four hours later. We just thought you might like to know about her seeing as you never got to know her, Jade." Mr. Parker said. "Let's focus on the real problem at hand. Lilly's been kidnapped. What are we going to do about it."

"We need to prepare to fight. They're not just going to give her back to us. And we're probably going to need more than eight teenagers and maybe a handful of adults." Jade looked at her dad as she said this. He nodded.

"I think I might know where to find some people who don't like the Dark Realm. They've been at war with the Dark Realm for years and always fight for justice. I bet they'll help you."

"Who?" Jade and Luke asked in unison.

"Orion, you're not talking about THEM are you? They hate you. There's no way they'll help you." Mrs. Parker told her husband.

"They might not want to help me but right now we have a common enemy. They're not going to do this for me, but they'll do it for you, Layla."

"Who are you talking about?" Luke asked.

"The Light Realm, more specifically their army." Mr. Parker answered.

"There's also a Light Realm?"

"Yeah that makes sense. There has to be balance, ya know, like in Star Wars." Luke said. Jade rolled her eyes at him.

"But why would they know mom?" Jade asked. Luke nodded.

"Yeah, that's a good question. Why would they know you, Mrs. Parker?"

"Well, you see... I didn't grow up in this realm. I actually grew up in the Light Realm. I was actually pretty well known." Mr. Parker snorted at his wife's statement.

"Yeah, well known."

"When I fell in love with your father, Jade, I ran away."

"Why? Why didn't you both stay there?" Jade asked. She was learning so much new information. It was hard to process. Her mom looked down and fidgeted.

"Well, you see they hated your father. He was from the Dark Realm. We decided to go somewhere where we'd both be welcome."

Jade grabbed her head. Luke gaped.

"I need some time to process this. Less than twenty-four hours ago I discovered that my sister had been kidnapped, now I find out that my parents were from different realms, and that I had another sister. Give me a second." Jade took a deep breath and was quiet for a moment. She sat thinking for a moment thinking about all the information she had just learned. She slowly let the breath out.

"Dad, you're from the Dark Realm?" Jade asked. Her father nodded. "And, mom, you're from the Light Realm?" Jade questioned. Her mother nodded.

"We have a complicated past, Jade. More so than you even know." Mrs. Parker told her daughter.

"We can figure this out later. Right now we have to get Lilly back." Luke spoke up. Mr. Parker nodded.

"You're right, kid. Layla, can you contact the Light Realm for us?" Mr. Parker asked his wife.

"I'm going to have to. This is going to take some explaining. I haven't had any contact with them in like twenty years, but of course I will. We can't get Lilly back on our own."

"Wait, dad, if you're from the Dark Realm. Why can't you just tell Max to give Lilly back?" Jade asked.

"Why would he listen to me? He's a prince? Besides the Dark Realm's royalty doesn't really like me. I didn't leave them on a good note." Mr. Parker said. Jade looked like she had more questions but her dad beat her to it. "Jade, I know you have a lot of questions, but now is not the time. You two come with me." He pointed at Luke and Jade as he stood up. "Layla, will you please contact the Light Realm?" His wife nodded. Luke and Jade followed Mr. Parker outside to the car.

"Get in." They did what he said. "We're going to train." They stopped a couple minutes later.

"A gym?" Luke asked, confused.

"Yeah, it's gym. What did you expect, kid?" Mr. Parker stated. Luke thought about his namesake's training on Dagobah with Yoda in his favorite movie. That was training. Going to a gym was not training.

"Let's start, shall we?" Mr. Parker led the way inside. The two teens reluctantly followed him inside.

***********************************
Not my best chapter. In my opinion it's very scattered. But all of this information is necessary to continue. Two chapters in one day; I'm on fire! It's my birthday so if you want to give a like for a present I wouldn't be opposed.