Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Serena smirked as she followed them in. They were really unprepared, weren't they? They didn't know what the Dark Realm was capable of. It was too easy.

Lilly found herself at the bottom of the passage.

"Ow..." She moaned. Luke was close behind her.

"Lilly, are you okay?" He asked. Lilly nodded.

"I think so." The two looked around. It was a medium sized, narrow room with a door at the end of it. It was almost like a large hallway. There were lots random pots along the walls.

"Luke, maybe the ring is in here. Let's start looking." Lilly walked towards the pots on one way and opened it. Nothing. A faint hissing noise could be heard. Lilly opened the next one. It too was empty. Another hissing noise joined the first.

"Lilly, what is that noise?" Luke said as he opened up a pot. Nothing was in his either.

"I don't know." Lilly shrugged. The hissing grew. In the corner slithering towards them was three pure golden snakes.

"Uh, Lilly!"

"What?" The girl said as she opened another pot. It was also empty. Another snake slithered out of the corner. Lilly turned to look at the corner of room where Luke's flashlight is pointing.

"Eep!" Lilly squealed at the sight of the snakes. 

"Look faster!" Luke exclaimed, he started opening pots faster. They were all empty. More golden snakes appeared.

In a matter of only a few minutes the floor was covered in snakes and they had looked in every single pot.

"Maybe we should smash them?" Lilly backed up against the wall.

"This isn't Legend of Zelda!" Luke exclaimed.

"Do you have a better idea?" Lilly hissed. Luke shook his head. Lilly began knocking the pots over. This just made the snakes angry. The snakes slithered towards them even faster and more aggressively.

"Lilly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea!"

"It's our only idea!"

Luke started knocking pots over and smashing them. That's when a vase in front of him caught his eye. He had toppled it over and it didn't break. In the bottom there was a small golden key.

"Of course. It would open the door to the next room!" Luke mumbled.

A snake crawled over the pot. Luke wanted to back away but they needed that key. He kicked the snake off with his foot and grabbed the key, leaving a imprint in the bottom of the pot. The snakes froze as soon as he touched the key.

"Lilly, come on!" Lilly stepped over the frozen snakes to Luke, who had made his way to the door.

Luke inserted the key into the key hole. It made a clicking noise. Half the door retracted into the ceiling and the other half into the floor revealing another passageway. Lilly grabbed Luke's hand and pulled him through. She seemed eager for more adventure.

The passageway was even darker than the room had been. Serena crept quietly behind them.

"Luke, do you have a feeling that we're being followed?" Lilly asked.

"You're just being paranoid. Lots of old places like this will do that to you." Luke said, sounding confident after getting them out of the last room, but he didn't believe what he said.

They came to another door with a golden plate on it. As Lilly got closer a symbol appeared. Lilly raised her hand to the plate. The door opened in the same way as the last door. They entered another room.

**********************************
Shorter chapter than the others. It's a little longer than half of my usual amount. I almost called this chapter *Insert Indiana Jones Quote Here*. Comments, concerns, questions? What do you think will be in the next room? Why is Serena just following them and not actually taking action? Tell me in the comments!