Plans and Pain

The Dark Realm wasn't the most nurturing place to grow up, especially not as royalty. They always put duty before self and because of that were haunted with a cold reputation. Zander had tried to make it so Max didn't grow up the way he had, but obviously something had gone wrong.

Max sat in his room, devising a strategy for how to take down the Light Realm.

"The element of surprise is a key factor. We must catch them off guard." A deep voice hissed. A black silhouette crawled up Max's bedroom wall and replaced his shadow.

"Don't worry. That's all apart of the plan." Max smirked.

"Everything must be perfect. This can't fail. Do you understand, Max?" The silhouette snapped.

"Yes, I understand. We won't fail. The Light Realm will crumble. Failure is not an option." Max told the shadow. It seems to squirm in the head area as if it was nodding.

"Good, as long as you understand. The knights are training twice daily aren't they now?" It asked. Max nodded.

"Our army is stronger than ever, King Celion." He said to the spirit. The shadow flickered in the light as if doing a cheerful dance.

"Everything is going according to our plan... But even so I have my doubts. Max," The shadow sounded serious. "I believe we might have a rat amongst us. I believe someone has snitched part of our plans to the Light Realm."

Max stood up alert. "Why didn't you say something sooner? This is a very serious matter, Celion!" He exclaimed furious.

"Don't take that tone with me! Remember who your master is here. Do you know what will happen if you don't listen to me?" The shadow hissed back. Max glared.

"You're just a ghost. You can't hurt me." He spat. The shadow scoffed.

"You accepted the deal didn't you? I can do whatever I want. Just watch." The shadow raised his left arm. Max crumpled to his knees. He let out a hiss of agony. He clutched his chest. A large, red claw marks had ripped through his shirt. Blood started to flow fast from his wounds.

"Stop! STOP!" Max cried. The blood stopped as the shadow let his left hand drop.

"Consider that a warning. I recommend that you keep a closer eye on Serena and Sir Tybalt. I suspect one of them has leaked information. Someone must have." The shadow said before disappearing. Max clutched his chest, blood flowing at a normal rate now.

He shakily rose to his feet. He tried to stop the blood with the remains of his black shirt.

I need to go to the medical wing. Max thought to himself. It's my only option. If I want to continue working I'll have to bandage my wounds. Hopefully no one asks how I got them.

He wobbled out of his room, partially bent over. His hands and shirt were covered in blood by now. He hissed in pain. The halls were empty and dark. The less people to see the less people who will ask questions. He crept down the hallway, leaning against the wall in support. He had been able to make it halfway from his room to the medical wing when...

"Max! What the hell happened?" Serena exclaimed shocked by his injuries. He winced at the sound of her voice. Great, he had been spotted. Before he could say a word she grabbed him and dragged him the rest of the way towards the medical wing.

"Sit." She demanded pointing to a bed in the wing. He glared at her. She sighed. "For just once do what I say."

Max slowly sat down. "Alright but remember who in charge here." He hissed. She rolled her eyes at him, annoyed. He set down the crumpled remains of his shirt as Serena gathered bandages and healing cream. He scowled as he thought about Serena helping him. She opened the container of cream and started applying it to his wounds. His newly formed scar started to sting with an intense pain. He jerked away. "That hurts!"

"It'll only hurt for a minute. After that your scars should be completely gone." Serena told him as she continued. Max gave her a curious look.

"Why are you helping me?" He asked.

"You are my boss, aren't you? It's my j-"

"I never asked for your help though. So why are you helping me?"

Serena stopped for a moment, lost in thought. Why was she helping him?

"I-I'm not sure really. I guess I just like helping people." She told him as she finished with the cream. "There you should be good as new." Serena checked his wounds. They hadn't disappeared. "These should have healed completely... Max, are these magic inflicted?" Max looked away at her question. "Max, how did you get these."

"It's not your job to ask questions! It's my business, not yours!" Max snapped. Serena scowled but continued to help. She put the bandages on him.

"You're going to have some scars because apparently they won't heal completely. I recommend that you put on a shirt before your dad sees you and starts asking questions." Serena told him. Max watched her walk away confused. Why did she care?

**********************************
One of the shorter chapters of this story. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I couldn't come up with anything good. Sorry, but I hope this chapter gave you some information. I hope you liked it!