Interview. (1995)

In this imagine, I'm going to base it off of the Diane Sawyer interview that took place in 1995, but it won't be the same words. Some edges will be snatched, some futures might be erased, and shade will be thrown. 👀 you've been warned.

God I hate interviews with a passion. Diane Sawyer had called up Michael a few weeks ago asking to do an interview about how our life is going so far with marriage, and Mycah. On my life if she asks Michael any stupid questions regarding his skin changing, his plastic surgery, or the 1993 allegations, I'm going off. Plus, Michael and I are supposed to be expecting another child. I'm very excited, Michael seems more excited than me! He wants to tell the whole world about the baby but I'm not sure if we should. It's not everyone's business and I know he's excited but, I would be expecting him of all people to not want the world to know. But when it's stuff like this, he wants to show that he's excited and proud to be a father.

"Baby, are you ok?" Michael looks at you concerned.

You look from the car window to Michael and put on a fake smile. "Oh, I'm fine." You say sarcastically.

Michael sighs. "Baby, I know you don't want to do this. But maybe the press will be off of our backs if we do this." Michael grabs your hand.

"I know, but if she says something smart, i might have to snatch edges." You chuckle.

Michael laughs loudly. "Don't go hood on them babe."

"Oh I will if she tries it." You look out the window again.

Michael looks at you again. "You seem to be in deep thought, whatcha thinking about?"

You sigh. "The baby." You place your hand on your stomach.

Michael starts to worry. "Are you feeling ok?" He places his hand on your stomach. He's so protective.

You let out a laugh. "I'm fine baby, it's just the fact of you wanting to tell the world that I'm pregnant."

"Because we're having a baby, Y/N. Aren't you excited?" Michael smiles widely at you.

"I am Michael, but I don't want to get my hopes up." You sigh.

Michael furrows his eyebrows at you. "Wait what do you mean Y/N?"

You look into his eyes, hoping you won't have to explain to him.

Michael's face softens. "Oh god, Y/N. Don't think like that ok? The baby will be fine. You'll be ok, and the baby will be ok." Michael kisses your forehead.

• 40 minutes later.

"Is this the place?" You ask Michael.

"Uh huh. Come on." Michael grabs your hand gently and you both walk in to the studio. Here we go.

"And we're on in 5, 4, 3, 2." The guy recording says.

"Hello, Michael and Y/N, it's so good to see you." Diane shakes both of your hands.

"Good to see you too." You and Michael both say.

"So." Diane lets out a sigh. "How's everything going?"

"Everything's going great thank you." Michael answers with a smile.

"How's little Mycah?" Diane asks you both.

"Oh she's doing well. She's a busy body though." Everyone chuckles at your statement. "She likes to dig through things, she likes to explore things also, like her father." Michael says and chuckles.

"She is? Isn't she almost 1?" Diane asks.

"Uh yes. She is." Michael smiles thinking about his babygirl.