Sleepy Head. (1994)

Your POV.

"Isn't this nice?" Michael calmly asks, putting his arm around me.

"Of course Michael. This is paradise!" I raise up from my seat on the boat and throw my arms in the air, enjoying the cool breeze.

Michael giggles at my actions. "You wanna know why I love you?" Michael smiles.

I glance at Michael, smirking. "Why?"

"Cos, you make me laugh, You make me happy." Michael holds me at arms length, then pulls me into his lap.

I laugh loudly. "Michael!"
He pulls me away from his body gently, but starts to stare me down.

"Wake up." He says softly. I look at him, confused. "Wake up." He says now in a more stern tone of voice. I furrow my eyebrows. "What?" I ask in confusion.

The boat now feels like it's shaking. "WAAKEE U-"

"UUPP! WAKE UP!" Michael yells, while jumping on the bed.

I jump from his actions. "BOY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yell but he continues to jump on the bed.

"Obviously trying to get you up." He says.

"I'm up now. So stop." I pull the covers over my head.

He smacks his lips. "Y/N, please get up. I'm so bored without you." He pouts. Ugh, he's such a child. And I hate when he uses that pouty voice. It gets me all the time.

Then he starts to jump on the bed again. I groan in irritation. "Ok, ok, OK! IM UP GOT DAMMIT." I glare at Michael and slam the door to the bathroom.

"Someone's on their period."

I peek my head out the door. "What did you just say?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I didn't say anything baby, chill." Michael raises his hands in surrender.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I'm finally done getting ready, so I head downstairs and I smell delicious food. Michael can cook. But I'm still upset. I haven't been getting much sleep lately. I don't know why, it's like I'm tired through the day but at night, I cannot fall asleep. Michael used to have this problem too. It's like I took his sleeping issues and he gets to sleep peacefully now. Michael doesn't know that I've been up all night.

Michael looks up from his cooking. "Hey baby. I made you breakfast." He smiles.

I blush. "Thank you baby. It smells bomb." I take a seat on the island counter.

"Well. It's finished." Michael puts my food on a plate. "Bon appetite! My lady." Michael bows and I chuckle.

"You're such a dork." I giggle.

"I'm your dork." Michael quickly kisses my cheek.

I blush and playfully push Michael. "Get yo charming ass on somewhere."

Michael wraps his arms around me. "How about, after you're done eating, we go watch something in the theater?" Michael suggests.

"Sure babe, but we ain't watching Peter Pan." I say.

"Oh come on! Why not?" Michael whines.

I turn around so I'm facing Michael. "We watch that movie 4 times every day Michael!"

"It's not my fault the movie is good." Michael retorts.

"So I'm gonna go get the movie ready so when you're done, ease on down to the theater. Ok?" Michael raises his eyebrow.

"Yup." Dammit that's a lot of walking.

Michael does his signature wink. "Catch ya later."

I honestly wanna run back upstairs to that bed but I wanna make Michael happy so I'll spend time with him today. And I'll try to stay awake. It might take him a while to get everything set up so a little 10 minute nap won't hurt. Right?

I make my way over to the living room couch that's screaming my name, lay down, and drift off to sleep.

Michael's POV.

35 minutes later.

Where the hell is Y/N? She was supposed to be down here. "John, have you seen Y/N around anywhere?"

John shakes his head. "Nope Michael. Was she supposed to meet you down here or something?"

"Yes. I don't know how it would take her over 30 minutes to get down here." I sigh in defeat.

"Thanks anyway John." I start to walk off, hoping I can find this girl.

"No problem Michael!" John yells back.

I start to hum 'Human Nature' while walking back to the house.

While approaching, I can see Y/N laying down on something. Is she sleeping?

"Y/N?" She's so cute.

"Baby? Wake up." I shake her gently. Even that doesn't wake her up. She must be really tired.

"Honey, wake up." I shake her just a little more and she finally wakes up, but she looks like she's gonna choke me.

"What?" She says lowly.

"You were supposed to be at the theater over 30 minutes ago. What happened?"

Y/N sighs in exhaustion. "I'm just so tired."

I examine her face a little and she doesn't look good at all. I don't mean it in that way. She seems exhausted.

"Babygirl." I caress her face. "Your eyes look so heavy." I say worriedly.

"They feel heavy." Y/N starts to doze off, almost falling off the couch.

"Baby be careful!" I pick her up off the couch and carry her bridal style up the stairs.

"Come on. I'm gonna let you rest. This isn't healthy."

"I've been up for the past twoooo weeks." She slurs. She's obviously half asleep. "At night I can't fall asleep at all."

"Why not?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I dont know really." We finally make it up the stairs so I change Y/N out of her clothes and put her in her pajamas.

After that, I tuck her in and sit next to her while she lays down.

"Go to sleep baby." I kiss her forehead.

"I love you Michael." She says tiredly.

I smirk. "I love you more Y/N." I start to hum 'Lady In My Life' while she falls asleep.