Obssessed (1987)

I'm making my way to Michael's office (let me tell you it was a freaking work out because his house is so big) . I'm about to open the door when I hear Michaels voice talking on the phone .

    " STOP CALLING ME, LEAVE ME ALONE . I SWEAR IF YOU-"
I gently lean my head up against the door to hear the rest of Michael's strange conversation.

"Look Carmen, there is no us, we weren't a thing, and we will never be. Stop calling here or I'll-" Michael takes a deep breath before continuing.

"LISTEN HERE-" I bust in through the door before he can continue anymore.

"Michael?" I raise my eyebrow in curiosity.

Nervousness shoots through Michaels veins as he continues the conversation with the unknown person.

"Oh yeah! Just have them send it to my address. Yep, thank you bye!" Michael slams the phone down.

"Who was that?" You tilt your head to the side.

"just ... just some people from management , don't worry about it ." Michael says quietly, I don't believe him , but I have to play it cool unlike Michael .

"Yeah , yeah hey I was wondering if we could go out for lunch?"
"Oh, sure! Hold on let me grab my jacket and then we can leave, you wait here." Michael jets out of the room to go get his jacket.

After about 30 seconds, a pinging noise goes off on Michael's computer and I can't help but to take a peek. I run over to the computer, and see that Michael was chatting with someone. A woman?

"Carmen Thompson." I scrunch my eyebrows in curiosity. "Sounds whoreish." I snort.

As I'm scrolling through the conversation that seems to be mostly Carmen, I see something that sticks out the most.

There's a photo of Carmen with only pink lingerie on. "What the hell?" I whisper to myself.

I hear Michael's footsteps approaching and I quickly exit out of the chat, and make my way towards the door. "Ok, ready to go?" Michael raises his eyebrow.

I put on a phony smile. "Uh yep! I'm ready." I latch arms with Michael and we make our way to the limo.

Michael's POV

Y/N has been acting kind of strange ever since we left home and she's kind of scaring me. She keeps looking at me, almost as if she's looking through me.

"Honey, are you ok?" I place my hand on top of hers. "You've been staring through me this whole time and you haven't touched your plate." I giggle a little, hoping that would ease the tension.

She snaps out of her thoughts and lightens up a little. "Oh, I'm sorry I just got a lot on my mind."

"Wanna talk about it?" I say softly. "Actually yes I do, but it's mainly about you."

I put my fork down. "Me? Why?" Hopefully she doesn't know about-

"Carmen?" Y/N looks towards the window as if she recognizes someone. I turn to face in the direction Y/N is looking and I see the person I never wanted to see again.

Y/N's POV

Michael wipes his face roughly with a napkin then mumbles under his breath, "What the hell?"

I can't believe this. This girl had the nerve to show up here. Wait how in the hell did she know where we were, oh yeah I can't believe I forgot but WHAT IN THE HELL IS MICHAEL DOING WITH HER?

If he doesn't explain this himself, I guess I'll do the explaining for him.

"MICHAEL WHO THE HELL IS SHE?" I didn't mean to yell but right now I can care less I just need to know who this woman is.

Michael sighs. "She's someone who-"

"ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?" I cut right to the point. I stare into Michael's eyes and looks straight back at me with a blank face.

"Y/N, you know damn well I wouldn't cheat on you Y/N are you serious right now?" Michael looks at me with disbelief.

I'm trying to hold back my tears but one slips out. "Well what the fuck am I supposed to think when some whore is sending you photos of herself and then the same chick shows up to a restaurant that we just so happen to be at? Don't play these fucking games with me Michael." I stand up from my seat and go over to the door to leave.

"Y/N wait." Michael reaches out and grabs my arm gently and pulls me back to the table. "I'll explain once she leaves from the window just don't look ok?" Michael pleads, and by the look on his face he seems terrified.

I soften up a little and agree to cooperate. "Fine, but I don't really care if she's still standing there or not so get to the point please." I say trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Thank you, Carmen is someone who I have known for a long time but not by choice. I first met her when I was in the Jackson 5, she had snuck in our hotel but security caught her thank god. Any way, she would 'hook up' with my brothers while I was in the room, later she told me it was to get closer to me. Creepy I know. Then one day she disappeared for years until a few years ago when she had illegally installed cameras in my house and stole files with private information. So I got a search warrant and they checked her house ...and-.... and there were hundreds of files of everything to every phone call I have ever made to everyone who has ever stepped foot on my house."

At this point, my mouth is all the way to the floor and I'm trying to process this all. "Wait wait wait, what does she gain out of all this?"

Michael looks up at me, his eyes droopy and wet. "Me." He says slowly.

-
-
-
-
-
-

Authors note.

Ok, every time I write a series, I never finish it. But this one, I'm sure I'll finish. Thank you for sticking with me and being patient I love you all. And lastly, I would like to give credit to my best friend Amayah for helping me with the plot and this chapter. She's the best tbh.