Insecurities (1991)

"I hate my stomach. It's so pudgy." You say out loud while examining your body in the mirror.

Ever since you were in high school, you've always been insecure about your stomach. Every other body part was fine except for your stomach. (In your eyes), in Michael's eyes, you were perfection.

I wonder why Michael chose me out of every other girl. I look fat. You shed a tear because you don't like the way your body looks. You then find something else about your body that irritates you then you start bawling.

MICHAEL'S POV

I wonder what's taking y/n so long. She was supposed to be dressed 20 minutes ago.

I walk up the stairs to look for y/n. I stop walking cause I hear a faint noise. I walk all the way up to the door and I put my ear against it. I finally figure out what it is, and it's my babygirl sobbing. I open the door to see y/n sitting in the floor holding her dress in her hands, crying.

I walk/run up to y/n and pull her into my arms. "Sweetheart, are you okay?"

She still won't answer me.

"Baby, I can't help you if you don't answer me." I say to y/n rubbing her back.

"Michael." You say in between cries. "Why do you love me?" You ask Michael.

"I love you because you're smart, considerate, neat, beautiful, kind, hilarious, and because you're you." I say to y/n, still holding her close to my chest.

"Michael, I'm not beautiful."

I was taken aback by her words. I know she has insecurity issues with her body, I've told her many times that she was beautiful, and that she wasn't fat. And just because your skinny doesn't mean your beautiful, and just because your big boned does not mean your ugly.

I grab y/n's face gently so she's facing me. "Y/n you are not ugly how could you ever think that? You aren't fat, I love you just the way you are. You're ~"

"Perfection in my eyes. I know Michael." Y/n cuts me off.

"Well believe it baby cause you are. You don't have to hide yourself from me either ya know." I peck y/n's lips.

"Michael, I'm so glad I have you in my life." You say smiling at Michael.

"I'm glad I have you too baby. I love you y/n."

"I love you more Michael."

"Ey, that's my line y/n" Michael say playfully.

I know that this was really short. I'm sorry.
~ Quincy