Chapter 13- An Unexpected Guest

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey! Hey Riley!" Someone yelled as they shook me awake.

"What?" I groaned and hit the person the woke me up.

"Ow!" I suddenly recognized the voice that was speaking.

"Matt?" I looked up and saw him smiling down at me. "What are you doing in my room?"

"Actually, you are in my room." His smile widened.

"How?" I sat up, startled.

"You stayed the night last night. You snuck out last night and stayed here." He pulled me out of the bed I was sleeping in, which I have become familiar with as his bed; and pulled me close to him.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" He smiled as we swayed back and forth.

"Mhm." I smiled. He leaned down and rested his lips on mine. A smile curved at my lips as he kissed me.

"Do want to sleep a little longer?" He asked playfully. I giggled and we fell back down on his bed. I've been doing this for the past few nights. Wilson and my parents are in non-stop fight mode and I'm just getting sick and tired of it. I just lock my door and sneak out my window. I've stayed at Matt's for the past week. No one has noticed, which I'm thankful for. All we need to do is keep our space at school and then get a little closer at night. But not like that, we just share a bed. I-I couldn't do that.

"Riley, is everything okay?" Matt pulled away from me and looked at me with concern painted on his face.

"I'm fine." I paused and smiled evilly. "Stephen."

"That is a secret! You promised you wouldn't call me by my actual name!"

"Sorry! It's tempting." I smiled and bit my lip.

"Well, you know what else is tempting?" He crawled back over to me and had my pinned down underneath him.

"What?" I teased.

"This." He kissed me again and our legs tangled with each other's. I laughed as he kissed my neck, my collar bone my face, then I was silenced when he met my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down towards me.

"I have to go home, or they'll know I was gone." I said trying to push out from under him.

He mumbled something then groaned. "Five more minutes." He kissed my lips again and I pulled away from him.

"I need to go." I got up and walked over to the window. I smiled and waved goodbye before climbing out.

I got into my room with a struggle. I really have no upper body strength.  I dropped into my bed to make it look like I was asleep and my mom slowly walked in.

"Riley, honey. It's time to wake up."

I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. She had a smile on her face and brushed some hair away from my face.

"Hey sleepy head. I can't believe you slept through the night." She sat down beside me. "I'm sorry about all the fighting."

"I don't really notice it." I lied.

"Well tomorrow's the dance, and the girls are here to pick you up for your little spa day thing." She smiled. "Who's your date?"

"Um..." I haven't actually told anyone except for Nat and Mel.

"Matt." I smiled when I said his name.

"Really? So you have a thing for bad boys? I've heard about him." My mom poked my stomach and my breathing hitched. 

"He's like the baddest bad boy besides Tanner."

Tanner. I haven't seen him in days. I shouldn't be thinking about him. I have Matt and we are perfectly happy together. Even though I still think about the kiss Tanner and I had....

"Better get dressed, you know how impatient the girls can get." My mom walked out and I pulled on a pair of shorts and a chiffon top, brushed out my hair quickly and quickly applied a bit of make up. I ran downstairs to see my friends when Melissa grabbed my arm.

"Leave them be." She whispered.

"Who?" I looked past the wall and saw Wilson talking to Natalie. I squealed, only to be shushed by Melissa again.

Liam scratched the back of his neck and I heard him laugh. I couldn't hear what he was saying but I knew he was asking her to the dance. The house grew quiet and I heard him loud and clear.

"This may be kind of short notice, but um would you maybe, I don't know, I guess, would you-" He sighed and dropped his head in his hands. "I'm sorry. Let me try again. Natalie, will you go to the dance with me, please?" He pulled around a rose from his back and she gasped. My heart fluttered for Natalie. She was so lucky to be going with my brother. If she said yes that is.

"I would love to Wilson." She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. I smiled and Melissa and I ran down the stares screaming.

"Finally! I thought you would never ask her!" I draped my arm over my older brother's shoulders and kissed his cheek. "Good job."

"You guys." Natalie blushed.

"C'mon let's go!" Melissa grabbed our arms and pulled us out the door.

One our way there, Natalie didn't stop smiling. "So, you and my brother." I winked at her and she looked at her feet.

"Hey! Eyes on the road!" Melissa shouted from the back seat. Nat's head shot up.

"Sorry."

"Anyway. How long have you liked him?"

"What? How do you know I wasn't just being polite?"

"Because you weren't."

"But-"

"Don't even try, Nat. I always see you checking him out." I stuck my hand out the window.

"Yeah, at first it was gross but now, it's actually really cute." Melissa added.

"I don't know, since I was like fourteen, I guess?"

"Oh my god! NO WAY! That's when he started liking you!"

"Really?"

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'. "What made you like him."

"Well remember when his hair was kind of long like Justin Bieber's old hair?"

"Yeah." Melissa and I said at the same time.

"Well he was playing basket ball with Tanner, and he shot a swish and caught me watching him. He winked at me and smirked. I think by that time I was done. I just always wanted him." She said dreamily, "I remember I tripped after and he walked over to me asking me if I was okay. I guess I've been smitten ever since."

"Aww!" Melissa and I squealed.

"Okay we're here, can we just go?" Melissa whined.

I nodded and we walked out of the car.

"Hey! What are you girls doing here?" A girl shouted. She had brown hair and eyes to match, oh wait no they were blue. I suddenly recognized her and my mood went from happy, to down right pissed off.

"What is she doing here?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Who?" Melissa looked around the spa parking lot.

"Danni." Natalie answered, not to pleased.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so this is pretty short, but I hope you all enjoyed it! It also may not be that exciting, but hey next chapter will be for sure will be! Comment, Vote, Fan! Xoxo Juli